Manager, Engineering I - Metrics Platform Automation
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to come in to lead our Metrics Platform Automation team and help it grow to the next level. This team is working closely with our Distributed Data Storage platform teams to consolidate our common tooling into a reliable shared platform on which to build and operate our systems. Our vision is to create a world in which service developers no longer have to worry about interfacing with production by automating our operations.
This team will partner closely with our other Core Platform Automation teams including Event Platform Automation and Alerting Automation to help build cross functional solutions that remove the need for human touch. We’re looking for a leader that is technically deep enough to work closely with the team to identify and prioritize workflows that can be automated, as well as building out new services in partnership with platform teams with automation and reliability in mind from the ground up.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the vision and execution for Metrics Platform Automation
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of Software Engineers
- Partner with other Platform Automation teams to find common solutions across Distributed Data Systems platforms
- Collaborate with the Metrics Platform teams to align the Metrics Platform Automation roadmap with their goals and Datadog’s overall strategic goals
- Enhance operational efficiency by helping to identify areas to automate operations such as bootstrapping new cloud regions and large scale data migrations
- Leveraging internal chaos engineering tools to test metrics platform infrastructure to continuously ensure we can degrade gracefully
- Building relationships with leaders in Metrics Platform and other EMs to surface pain points where automation can benefit
Who You Are:
- You’ve managed and lead one or more teams and have shipped successful products
- You’re comfortable managing and working with geographically distributed teams
- You’ve worked with distributed systems in a reliability or devops oriented role
- You are passionate about improving developer experience and operational efficiency.
- You have experience managing operationally heavy teams and you’re willing to share the on-call responsibilities with them.
- You are skilled in cross-functional collaboration and comfortable in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- You are a strategic thinker with a track record of translating complex technical concepts into actionable plans.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 to $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.