Tax Delivery Senior
Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Delivery Senior in New York, NY.
Work You’ll Do
Help client management understand, plan for, and deal with the complex and dynamic issues surrounding transfer pricing. Work with economists, attorneys, and tax specialists to analyze and resolve international tax and finance issues faced by multinational corporations. Review and analyze financial statements and transfer pricing reports, utilizing sophisticated software to devise and perform vital industry research and financial analyses. Provide assistance for multiple tax engagements, as well as provide multinational clients with professional economic analytical services. Research complex tax issues and ensure their resolution with the support of subordinate professional accountants. Provide analysis of client companies and industry trends in order to respond to client needs, and so as to provide clients with professional economic analytical services. Assist with overseeing the preparation and review of complex tax returns, financial statements, and transfer pricing reports. Formulate tax planning strategies utilizing accounting methods and periods, capital transactions, corporate taxation, and IRS practice and procedures. Assist with determining the potential impact of such developments on client business. Devise and execute database searches for companies in the U.S. and foreign markets. Responsible for incorporating financial information into a standard financial model and conducting economic, financial, and accounting analysis. Draft proposals, reports, document requests and other correspondence related to business engagements. Prepare charts, reports, and presentations.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of experience as a Tax Delivery Senior or a related occupation gaining experience preparing U.S. and foreign transfer pricing reports documenting intercompany transactions for various multinational companies.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Reviewing technical aspects of the regulatory framework of transfer pricing documentation and consulting work within the following industries, including banking and financial advisory, healthcare, industrials, and software;
- Analyzing U.S. regulations and their OECD counterparts;
- Performing activities including assigning tasks, performing quality control, reviewing projects, and conducting comparable controlled transaction analyses;
- Drafting transfer pricing reports for multi-lateral Advance Pricing Agreements, Business Model Optimization, and global tax compliance in accordance with IRC 482 and OECD guidelines;
- Utilizing tax research tools, including BNA and LexisNexis, transfer pricing databases, including Compustat, Bureau van Dijk (TP Catalyst), RoyaltyStat, RoyaltyRange, ktMine, S&P Capital IQ, and Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE, and statistical software, including MS Excel, Alteryx and STATA programs designed to conduct transfer pricing analysis;
- Applying new regulatory principles and guidelines under OECD's Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) initiative, preparing country-by-country reports, functional modules, Masterfile to document client's global business structure, and the functional and risk related information;
- Utilizing various economic modeling methods, including discounted cash flow, income method, residual profits method, services costs method, and other relevant methods as described in the U.S. transfer pricing regulations under IRC 482 and their OECD counterparts, to perform valuation of intangible/tangible assets in the context of transfer pricing;
- Assisting with scoping, planning, and various engagement economics activities including budgeting and billing activities;
- Assisting with performing strategic transfer pricing planning, service cost allocation, and advance pricing agreement negotiations; and
- Mentoring, coaching, and facilitating training sessions for junior staff.
- Salary: $77,000.00 - $116,000.00/year;
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.