Director of People Technology
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for a leader to build a world-class People Technology function.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a leader to build a world-class People Technology function. This is a unique opportunity that will enable DoorDash’s rapid growth and support our People strategy.
You will report to the Senior Director of People Operations and Technology on our People team.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Create DoorDash’s People technology strategy. You’ll partner with leaders to shape how people technology fits into DoorDash’s overall business strategy and supports desired business outcomes.
- Own the People Technology roadmap to deliver rapid business expansion and ensure efficient operating processes. You’ll develop and manage both the short-term and longer-term / multi-year roadmap for People technology across candidate and employee experience, effectively balancing competing priorities and flexibly adapting to our rapidly evolving business environment.
- Build and execute resourcing strategy. You’ll develop a resourcing strategy that balances full-time vs. contingent workers vs. agency support.
- Build a high performing team. You’ll hire and retain top talent, and build a high performing team culture.
- Provide high quality development, ongoing maintenance, and support of Candidate and Employee Experience tech stacks. You’ll establish repeatable practices to ensure high quality delivery.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and cross-functional partner teams to shape how People Technology supports their priorities. You’ll establish an overall vendor strategy and lead vendor assessments in partnership with stakeholders.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 10+ years of systems technology experience
- You have 3+ years of People Tech leadership experience in rapidly expanding international environments
- Hands on experience with Workday and other technologies such as Greenhouse and ServiceNow
- You have a proven understanding of HR, Payroll, Finance, and IT business processes and how they impact HR systems
- You are a critical thinker with ability to develop a long-range vision, multi-year systems roadmap, and innovative solutions
- You have a demonstrated track record of building high performing teams
- You have significant project/program management experience related to the implementation of new platforms
- You are customer-obsessed and have a demonstrated track record of effective stakeholder management and influence
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.