Senior Manager, Strategy & Operations - DashPass
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for an entrepreneurial Strategy & Operations, Senior Manager to help incubate and scale some of our fastest growing products and new businesses. We're looking for unicorns–people who can think strategically at the highest level while simultaneously managing and executing the day-to-day actions necessary to achieve our ambitious goals. You have experience building, blending analytics and creativity to scope and solve complex problems; the ability to think about the short and long term goals; and experience managing critical initiatives from start to finish. In this role, you will focus on making DashPass the best membership program by delivering member value in new ways.
About the Role
We're looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, data-driven, entrepreneurial, hands-on builder to help us take the DoorDash to the next level. You’ll drive the ideation, planning, strategy, prioritization, and go-to-market for major product and operational projects that have large impact. Success in this role will be driving consumer acquisition, retention and growth while balancing multiple projects and cross functional teams.
You will report into a Director on our Consumer team in our Strategy & Operations organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build. You'll have your fingerprints all over the business. You'll work towards successful launches, get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Experiment. There is not a written rule-book to success here. This individual must figure out how to get from A to B and constantly push to improve and test new opportunities to get 1% better everyday.
- Strategize. From first principles, you'll develop the strategy for best serving the unique college customer.
- Analyze. You'll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
- Collaborate. You'll work with a cross-functional team, including engineering, product, design, operations, finance, and marketing to build these new lines of business for DoorDash.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are entrepreneurial. You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company.
- You are a self-starter. You have a bias towards action and are excel in a fast-paced and evolving business
- You are a generalist. You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- You act with urgency. Speed excites you. You prefer an accomplishment today to an accomplishment tomorrow.
- You're analytical. You let data win arguments, and you're comfortable pulling your own data in SQL and modeling in Excel.
- You're relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You solve problems from first principles. You're excited to solve problems in new ways, and you resist "this is how it's always been done" thinking.
- You succeed with a diverse set of responsibilities. You love working across a variety of disciplines and teams.
- You're persuasive. You speak as if you're right and listen as if you're wrong. You meet people on their level.
- You have 9+ years of experience in startups, strategy, consulting, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.