Senior Associate, New Verticals - Platform Strategy & Operations
About the Team
The New Verticals team is all about expanding DoorDash beyond Restaurants, and helping deliver anything our Customers want. Our Catalog, Fulfillment and Logistics team is expanding to focus on building the most efficient and scalable products for New Verticals while we continuously provide a high quality customer experience.
About the Role
We are looking to build out our team with a few Senior Associates who will focus on a variety of strategic and operational initiatives. Our Catalog, Fulfillment and Logistics team has three major mandates to effectively onboard merchants, fulfill every order with speed & accuracy and improve our logistics network. We are able to do this by identifying efficiencies, building product toolings and launching operational processes at scale. You will own metrics, pull operational & product levers and drive impactful results across our Grocery, Convenience, Alcohol and Retail businesses. We operate in a hybrid model; we do try to get the team together once a quarter in person and all of our offices are open should you choose to go in.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Analyze. You are familiar with SQL and love working with data to drive business decision-making.
- Build. You will help build strategic initiatives that impact all three sides of our marketplace; this can vary from our shopper rewards programs to dasher efficiency to merchant onboarding. This means everything from high-level strategy to operational details.
- Collaborate. You will advocate internally for solutions to enhance the user experience. Where a product or operations solution is needed to unlock growth and reduce cost, you will advocate for those resources with your central partners.
- Lead. You will help lead cross-functional work streams to develop an operating playbook to establish processes and guidelines to enhance how we operate New Verticals wide initiatives like our Dasher Shop & Deliver platform, Top Shopper program, Logistics network and so much more!
- Strategize. You will help develop the strategy for how we bring the local community directly to our consumers, achieving perfect quality, speed and accuracy every time. You will help create quarterly and annual plans that push our business forward and are aligned with our product capabilities. You will help these teams identify opportunities for enhancing our existing product offering and methods to improve delivery quality.
We’re excited about you because…
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to think innovatively, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You are an operator. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re also able to think long-term. You will experience our operation first hand, to inform your strategy.
- You’re analytical. You’re comfortable building complex SQL queries across multiple data sources and have experience with data visualization and dashboarding tools
- You have 3+ years of experience. You’ve succeeded in high-performing cultures (tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience).
- You have a completed Bachelor’s Degree.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.