Associate Manager, Strategy & Operations - Ads & Promotions
About the Team
Our Advertising & Promotions team operates at the intersection of e-commerce and advertising, surfacing and monetizing relevant content that benefits our core audiences. We provide digital solutions to help advertisers reach all DoorDash audiences (consumer, dasher, and merchant).
About the Role
We currently have 3 open Associate Manager roles across our Ads & Promotions teams (Ads Platform, Restaurant Supply, and CPG Ads Insights). Though day to day will vary across these three roles, generally in each role you’ll be expected to:
- Own measurable business outcomes (OKRs)
- Drive business outcomes through innovative initiatives
- Identify trends and develop recommendations; enable strategic decision making with insightful data
- Partner cross-functionally to develop processes that allow our business to scale
- Manage and execute on reporting / monitoring / optimization tactics
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build - You are eager to implement efficiency, automation, systems and best practices that will enable our growth. You’re not afraid to try something new, and enjoy going 0-1.
- Operate - You want to roll up your sleeves, get to the lowest level of detail, and scale.
- Collaborate - You have strong communication skills and are able to convey complex messages to multiple audiences. You value cross-functional partnerships, and will thrive at working across various teams to deliver results. You are able to take feedback and put it into action.
- Problem Solve - You like diving into ambiguous problems. When given an ambitious goal, you enjoy thinking about the milestones necessary to get there. You enjoy diving into problems without a playbook and answering questions with data.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 4+ years of experience in strategy & operations, consulting, high growth startup, consumer tech, e-commerce, or product management. Prior advertising / ad tech experience preferred!
- You have intermediate/advanced SQL experience
- You have exceptional analytical experience (Excel/Google Sheets), and are proficient at (or a fast learner of) a variety of other tech platforms.
- You are comfortable working across multiple projects & priorities and hitting deadlines
- You have a proven track record of leading projects and delivering insights needed to hit business goals in a complex and fast moving environment
- You are process driven. You excel in getting to a low-level of understanding, and driving operational improvements accordingly.
- You are a problem solver. You don’t need a playbook. You dive into difficult problems and come up with a plan.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.