Customer Success Manager, SEA
- Sales and Account Management
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
The responsibilities include:
- Supporting the development of strategic merchant partnerships and building a loyal base that actively advocates for Shopify Plus.
- Serve as cross-functional leader across Shopify – to ensure a unified, seamless merchant experience.
- Coach merchants to grow their business by partnering with them on goal development, and providing tailored and structured recommendations to achieve those goals.
- Identify areas for improvement, including opportunities for product adoption and implementing new Shopify features; recommending ways to best utilise Shopify’s solutions.
- Connect merchants with top Shopify Partners for custom design and development projects.
- Partner with internal Shopify teams to advocate for merchants’ regional needs and requests.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of industry trends.
Requirements for the role:
- At least 2-3 years proven experience in SaaS account management in both Southeast Asia and the broader Asia Pacific region.
- A solid understanding of domestic marketplaces, import/export practises and commerce expectations in the region.
- Strong business acumen and experience providing strategic advice to customers throughout Asia.
- Exceptional ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of personalities, levels, and role capacities.
- Experience providing customer value and driving retention; they should be merchant-focused in all that they do.
- Experience or training in managing small to mid sized projects; working with 35-45+ merchants and their big picture strategy.
- Experience, training, or exposure to programming languages, custom apps, APIs, etc.; working with multiple stakeholders and will need to speak their language.
- Experience or training in Digital Marketing (paid advertising, social media, SEO etc); you know the tactics that will drive results.
- Experience working with direct to consumer brands and omnichannel commerce
- Strong organizational, operational and project management skills.
- Technical aptitude – quick to develop a deep understanding of new software.
- Adept at navigating large complex organisations, matrixed decision-making, working with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally and across global time zones.
- Proven ability to analyse complex situations and drive goals & action plans to lead merchants to achieve their key objectives.
- Demonstrate a high-degree of customer-centric thinking, behaviour and track record and experience working cross-functionally between sales, engineering, and support teams.
- Proficient verbal and written in Mandarin would be required to support GCR Merchants
The shape of a Shopify career
Ben joined Shopify as a frontline Support Advisor with no background in programming or computer science. He’s now a Director of Engineering. Spanning 10 jobs on 7 teams in 9 years, Ben’s Shopify career path has twisted and turned as he’s worked relentlessly to pursue a career as an engineer and adapted to the pace of change—all fuelled by personal and professional hypergrowth.
Ben’s growth trajectory
- A support advisor for 2 years
- Studied dev skills. Learnt about our API. Became first API support person. Found bugs to fix.
- Eventually became a software dev
- Helped launch first finance product for merchants
- Became senior dev and launched new support contact centre
- Led a team as a dev manager
- Scaled a team from 4 to 60+ as a senior dev manager
- Became Director for Support and CX Engineering
We hire people, not resumes. If you think you’re right for the role, apply now.
First things first
It looks like you might not be a great fit for Shopify at this time — while we encourge everyone to apply, we are looking for someone who can meet all these criteria.