Partner Manager Enterprise, DACH
- London, United Kingdom
- Sales and Account Management
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
About the role
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability, and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like GymShark, Staples, FCUK, Jigsaw and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. This year, Shopify innovated specifically for the Enterprise by building and announcing Commerce Components.
As part of our investment in our Enterprise Go to Market in EMEA, we are developing the best in class ecosystem of channel partners to scale Shopify’s development within the Enterprise retailer segment across our key markets. Our partners are the extension of our teams - from full-service agencies to system integrators and technology partners, our objective is to partner with the best local providers to accelerate our new business acquisition, as well as subsequent retailer’s growth on Shopify.
To support that effort, we are looking for a seasoned Enterprise Partner Manager to own and execute the roadmap for Enterprise partnerships for the DACH region, in collaboration with the local Enterprise team. You will be responsible for establishing net new partner relationships locally, framing up custom partnership agreements, based on robust business cases and joint value propositions with the partner. You will then work alongside with our local Enterprise team to systematically grow these partnerships into scalable new business acquisition channels for Shopify, as well as powerful enablers of customers’ growth on Shopify.
What you need to apply / Qualifications
- Based in the UK.
- You have 10+ years experience in channel sales/partnerships or equivalent direct Sales experience.
- You understand the buying process of Enterprise retailers and have already sold to that customer segment.
- You are experienced in structuring a partnership business, owning prioritization and ROI monitoring and reporting back to the organization.
- You understand the inner workings of full-service agencies and system integrators. Experience representing a competitor product within one of these organizations is a Plus.
- You have a deep knowledge of the DACH Retail ecosystem and established relationships locally with commerce agencies, technology providers, and other potential businesses that complement the commerce lifecycle.
- You are experienced in articulating joint business cases and value propositions for a partner organization, with an ability to stretch known partnership models to unique partner’s requirements.
- You excel at establishing and growing mutually beneficial business relationships, with C-level stakeholders.
- You're a self-starter, proactive, and able to handle uncertainty, while demonstrating your own initiative.
- You have experience working across multiple business units, comprising many stakeholders and influencing factors. You can work well as part of a team and as an individual contributor.
- You are a native German & fluent English speaker.
- You can and are willing to travel
The shape of a Shopify career
Ben joined Shopify as a frontline Support Advisor with no background in programming or computer science. He’s now a Director of Engineering. Spanning 10 jobs on 7 teams in 9 years, Ben’s Shopify career path has twisted and turned as he’s worked relentlessly to pursue a career as an engineer and adapted to the pace of change—all fuelled by personal and professional hypergrowth.
Ben’s growth trajectory
- A support advisor for 2 years
- Studied dev skills. Learnt about our API. Became first API support person. Found bugs to fix.
- Eventually became a software dev
- Helped launch first finance product for merchants
- Became senior dev and launched new support contact centre
- Led a team as a dev manager
- Scaled a team from 4 to 60+ as a senior dev manager
- Became Director for Support and CX Engineering
We hire people, not resumes. If you think you’re right for the role, apply now.
First things first
It looks like you might not be a great fit for Shopify at this time — while we encourge everyone to apply, we are looking for someone who can meet all these criteria.