Staff Product Designer, Ads
Staff Product Designer, Ads
- UX and Design
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. We propel entrepreneurs and enterprises to scale the heights of their potential. Since 2006, we’ve grown to 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
NOTE: Only applicants who submit a portfolio of design work alongside application will be considered.
About the team:
Ads UX is looking for a very experienced design crafter to fill the role of Staff Designer, Ads. This person will play a crucial role in shaping and evolving the merchant experience of setting and configuring ad campaigns, and monitoring the advertising performance. The Staff Designer will work closely with the Senior UX Manager for Ads to guide and level up the work and practices of the Ads UX team, and further the team's goals to raise the UX quality bar, while ensuring the merchant experience helps to achieve the aggressive product goals.
- Anchor and represent UX within a cross-functional team, driving a cohesive and impactful approach while fostering continuous improvement of design outcomes.
- Take ownership of the technical UX solution for projects, providing guidance and support to both yourself and others, while enhancing team tools, patterns, and processes for optimized impact, velocity, and quality.
- Mentor and guide fellow UXers, empowering them to elevate their craft and expertise, while identifying skill gaps and facilitating growth through mentorship or strategic recruitment.
- Lead autonomously with influence, collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams to shape a user-centric design vision and strategy, applying strategic thinking to effectively communicate the value of key solutions.
- Streamline feedback loops and processes for efficient and inclusive collaboration, cultivating positive and productive relationships with direct collaborators and stakeholders, and acting as a steward of UX and design quality, driving excellence and fostering growth within the organization.
- You demonstrate a command of product strategy, business needs, domain expertise, utilizing a range of UX tactics to achieve exceptional user-centered product outcomes
- You craft beautiful designs and delightful, useful, and usable experiences; you have experience in visual design, interaction, and product design. You are aware of your gaps and tireless in pursuit of continuous improvement and learning
- You are experienced at interpreting experiments or tests, and leverage quantitative data to inform product and design decisions
- You are a practiced communicator and storyteller helping your team and stakeholders grasp the extent of a problem, build empathy for the end user, and support your design rationale
- You have a growth mindset, a proactive approach to professional development, and a proven ability to lead through ambiguous problems.
- You have successfully mentored and guided others, empowering them to elevate their craft and expertise
- You are enthusiastic about leveraging AI and ML to drive innovative product design
- We work in Figma, GitHub, and occasionally in code. We expect you have deep mastery over your design tools, and willingness to adopt new tools and skills needed to bring your designs and prototypes to life
- Strong visual design, experience working in complex platform environments, experience working in nascent product spaces, using design as a tool to drive product strategy, bonus for ads experience and consumer commerce
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We hire people, not resumes. If you think you’re right for the role, apply now.
First things first
It looks like you might not be a great fit for Shopify at this time — while we encourge everyone to apply, we are looking for someone who can meet all these criteria.