Brand Designer - Instagram
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2023
The Instagram Brand Design Team is the heart and hand of how we express Instagram internally and externally. We create and scale brand systems through product experiences, creative tools, environmental and artifact design, and cultural programming. We are focused on creative inspiration, cultural relevance and emerging technologies.The Brand Designer will be responsible for bringing our brand expression system to life in product. You will be a lead partner with product design to apply brand experience in product, driving creative innovation / experience projects and delivering brand guidance. You’ll also play a role in continually expanding Instagram’s Brand Identity system and will lead multidisciplinary projects that bridge brand work across interactive, printed and environmental applications. You will work independently but also collaborate closely with designers, engineers, content design and marketing to define and ensure a coherent brand expression across our ecosystem.The ideal candidate has the ability to think systematically, strategically articulate design decisions and iterate quickly. You'll cover the design spectrum–from quick, rough ideation to polished final deliverables–we'll look for work that thinks big and gets attention, but also follows a conceptual thread down to the smallest details. Candidates should have broad experience working on a variety of projects with multiple partners and on tight timelines.Brand Designer - Instagram Responsibilities:
- Concept, prototype and execute brand and marketing experiences in product.
- Develop visual identity platforms, systems, typography, palette, illustration, iconography systems.
- Clearly articulate strategic thinking and design decisions to a variety of partners.
- Give and solicit feedback from your UX design peers in service of building the best products.
- Collaborate daily with peers in every discipline, including engineering, content, research, marketing and data science, to take products from conception to launch.
- Work independently on multiple projects at a high caliber level, keep project timelines on track and show progress.
- Independently and proactively identify and work on projects that span multiple teams. This may involve facilitating or co-facilitating design sprints and workshops to kick off these projects.
- 10+ years experience with product, branding or communication design.
- A portfolio that demonstrates product, branding, communication design experience.
- Demonstrated experience with engaging launched projects.
- Demonstrated experience with digital transformation and design system-thinking.
- Experience in Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Knowledge of iOS, Android and WWW design.
- Motion experience with AfterEffects or Cinema4D.
- Experience with Sketch, Origami Studio or any other prototyping tool.