Research Scientist, Vision (PhD)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Meta is seeking a Research Scientist to join our AI Research Team, a research organization focused on making significant progress in AI as well as applying AI to the Meta Platforms products. Individuals in this role are expected to be recognized experts in artificial intelligence and machine learning, particularly in areas such as deep learning, computer vision, and reinforcement learning.Research Scientist, Vision (PhD) Responsibilities:
- Develop algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network methodologies.
- Conduct research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines.
- Conduct research that enables learning the semantics of data (images, video, text, audio, speech and other modalities).
- Devise better data-driven models of human behavior.
- Contribute to and apply research that advances Meta Platforms products.
- Conduct and collaborate on research projects within a globally-based team.
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree in the field of Computer Science, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience. Degree must be completed prior to joining Meta.
- Research background in machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, or related fields.
- Experience in developing and debugging in C/C++, Python, C#, or similar programming language.
- Experience manipulating and analyzing data from varying sources.
- Experience in theoretical and empirical research and in addressing research problems.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience. Degree must be completed prior to joining Meta.
- Research and engineering experience demonstrated via grants, fellowships, patents, internships, work experience, and/or coding competitions.
- First-authored publications at peer-reviewed conferences (e.g. CVPR. ECCV, ICCV, NeurIPS, and SIGGRAPH).
- Experience solving complex problems and comparing alternative solutions, tradeoffs, and diverse points of view to determine a path forward.
- Experience working and communicating cross functionally in a team environment.
- Experience communicating research for public audiences of peers.