New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2023
At Meta, we’re shaping innovative experiences in service of giving people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Our multidisciplinary design teams are creating new ways to help people connect, find communities and grow businesses. Together, we are committed to building innovative technologies — Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp, Workplace, Meta Quest and more — to serve billions of people around the globe. Product Designers at Meta play a central role in the way we build products, ensuring our products and features are valuable for people, easy to use and of the highest level of craft and execution. By focusing on people and doing the simple things first, we develop quality experiences for some of the world’s biggest, most challenging problems.Product Designers help creatively solve big, complicated, real-world problems. We utilize a full range of product design skills to contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams. Join a diverse group of thinkers and do some of the most meaningful work of your career.This posting represents different full-time roles across the Meta company.Product Designer Responsibilities:
- Identify problems and opportunities that aren’t easily discovered by others. Solve them with no guidance, with the goal of making things significantly better
- Drive impact that goes beyond the company, through making your mark on the broader design and product industry
- Coach people and teams, developing others around you
- Use your expertise in multiple dimensions of design (product thinking, interaction design, execution and craft) to both elevate the products you’re working on and the teams you’re working with
- Champion projects you feel strongly about and help teams get set up for success to work on them
- Help to shape org or process decisions, providing regular guidance to design leadership
- Mentor designers on the team, helping them to problem solve in complex product spaces
- 10+ years of experience building and shipping applications or software at company-level scale, leading the end-to-end experience within a large-scale, ambiguous domain.
- 10+ years of interaction design experience with knowledge to define and evangelize how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs, plus consideration of how this innovation will scale and examples of the use of appropriate prototyping tools to demonstrate how a particular interaction will work.
- 10+ years of visual design experience with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense and how these elements impact product function.
- 10+ years of strategic product thinking with experience developing product goals, identifying opportunities in a global market, and making decisions based on the impact to people and the company.
- Experience representing work to senior executives, clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts.
- Experience showcasing your end to end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artifacts, multiple iterations, high-fidelity prototypes, and consideration of the impact and scale of work
- Experience connecting your work with other industry-leading related initiatives across the company while driving collaboration