Security Operations Specialist
Founded in 2018 and already valued at over $8 billion, Fireblocks is a SaaS platform that helps companies to create innovative products on the blockchain and manage day-to-day crypto operations. Fireblocks is trusted by some of the largest financial institutions, banks, globally-recognized brands, and Web3 companies in the world, including BNY Mellon, BNP Paribas, ANZ Bank, Revolut, and thousands more, to securely scale digital asset operations through the Fireblocks Network and MPC-based wallet infrastructure. We have offices in New York, London, Tel Aviv, and Singapore, and we are continuing to expand our teams to reach new customers globally.
The Security & Information team is looking for someone who is passionate about technology and has a roll-up-their-sleeves mentality to join our global team. You’ll play a crucial role in enhancing our security infrastructure, improving networking, ensuring scalability, and maintaining strong security as we continue to grow. If you want to be an industry leader, on a team experiencing hyper-growth, look no further!
What you’ll do
As a SecOps Specialist, you’ll be responsible for securing and protecting our infrastructure, including managing and administering various security-related technologies, platforms, and tools. You'll also provide security expertise and guidance to the team on various security-related matters. You’ll build and own solutions to quickly identify breach attempts, contain and eradicate threats, streamline our security incident response processes, continuously test our controls, and help the business make informed decisions based on threat intelligence. This is a fast-paced environment, where you’ll have the opportunity to manage multiple projects at once.
This role will have required shifts on some weekends and nights.
- Investigate alerts, triage, deep dive and come up with proper action items and remediation plans.
- Perform host-based analysis, artifact analysis, and malware analysis in support of security investigations and incident response.
- Coordinate investigation, containment, and other response activities with business stakeholders and groups
- Develop incident analysis and findings reports for management, including gap identification and recommendations for improvement.
- Recommend or develop new detection logic and tune existing sensors/security controls.
- Work with security solutions owners to assess existing security solutions ability to detect/mitigate the above mentioned TTPs.
- Creating custom SIEM queries and dashboards to support the monitoring and detection of advanced TTPs against the company network.
- 3+ years experience working in an Incident Response/Cyber Security Operations Center (in-house or outsourced) creating, escalating, and managing security incidents and creating incident reports.
- Managing low to high-risk cybersecurity events, alerts, and incidents, event monitoring, and analysis, and responding to and escalating IT/DevOps security events and threats and vulnerabilities.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to drive incident response and remediation.
- Development of common runbooks for most frequent or critical incident types.
- 3+ years of working with security tools such as SIEM, Analytics & Intelligence, Intrusion Detection, Malware detection, Data Loss Protection, and Identity & Access Management
- Solid understanding of system and security controls on at least two OSs (Windows, Linux / Unix, and MacOS (Advantage), including host-based forensics and experience with analyzing OS artifacts.
- Problem solver, an in-depth thinker with a growth mindset.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with other teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Familiarity with cloud services, Kubernetes, cloud environment architecture, and the major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
For employees hired to work remotely from New York, or from our NYC HQ, Fireblocks is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This range is specific to New York City and takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are reviewed when making a hiring decision, such as years of experience, skills, and other business needs.
It is not typical for a candidate to be hired at or near the top of the pay range and each compensation decision is dependent on each individual case. A reasonable base salary range estimate for this position is $124,000 - $163,000. The base salary is one component of the total compensation package, which for some roles may include a target bonus, a very competitive equity grant, and very generous benefits.
While we believe competitive compensation is a critical aspect of your decision to join us, we do hope you also spend time considering why our mission and culture are right for you. We are creating something transformational here, and we hope you are as excited about the future as we are.
Fireblocks' mission is to enable every business to easily and securely access digital assets and cryptocurrencies. In order to do that, we strongly believe our workforce should be as diverse as our clients, and this is why we embrace diversity and inclusion in all its forms.