Garner's mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We’re looking for in-house Accounting Manager to support all our accounting operations. This person will report directly to Garner’s CFO.
This is a fully remote position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading our monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close process and preparing monthly financial statements
- Owning accounting processes and controls around fixed assets, accruals, capitalized software development costs and revenue
- Ensuring compliance with accounting policies, procedures and SOX controls through detailed review of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Leading Garner’s annual audit and tax filing processes
- Coordinate sales and use tax compliance with Garner's product and vendors
- Managing accounts payable
- Ad-hoc finance and accounting related requests
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA highly preferred
- 2+ years of experience in Accounting
- Prior experience working with Quickbooks and/or other ERP systems
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- A meticulous attention to detail and high regard for precision
- A desire to work in a rapidly evolving startup environment
The salary range for this position is $110,000 - $125,000. Compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.