Principal Product Designer
Garner's mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We’re looking for a Principal Product Designer to join our team and create solutions to our mission critical user problems. This individual will report to Garner’s VP of Product Design.
This is a remote position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Own the user experience of our member app from end to end to create an experience members love
- Own and evolve our component library, design system, and information architecture to support the needs of our evolving product
- Influence the product roadmap and our member engagement strategy through user research and industry best practices
- Thought-partner with the Head of Product Design to build out Garner’s design org including our tools, processes, and culture.
- Develop a deep understanding of our member’s needs and motivations, practicing empathy at every step and creating products for users who are seeking seamless healthcare recommendations for themselves or family members.
- Work closely with engineers to evolve and expand our design system across platforms.
The ideal candidate has:
- 8+ years of relevant experience shipping consumer-facing products, including mobile products on iOS and/or Android.
- A highly refined aesthetic sense and a preference for simple and clean experiences. You design products that not only meet user needs, but are delightful and engaging.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly communicate design rationale and concepts to stakeholders
- A humble and user-focused approach to design. You are constantly challenging your own assumptions and crave feedback through research and metrics.
- The ability to deliver candid, constructive feedback to peers that helps them improve while building trust
- A proven track record of owning the design of entire apps and products
- Experience working with components, libraries, and functional prototypes (we use Figma).
- A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the healthcare system.
The salary range for this position is: $180,000 - $200,000 annually. Compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.