Senior Engineer - CI/CD Pipelines
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Please note: You MUST CURRENTLY reside within a commutable distance to NYC to be considered for this position
The Fastly Build Services team is responsible for continuous integration and artifact management, as well as software deployment tooling for Fastly’s product. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team who is excited to work in a collaborative environment, is proactive, and excited about automating. You will play a key role in extending our tooling with the goal of automation and self-service for development teams.
What You'll Do
- Design and implement software improvements to our existing tools for build, test, and deployment automation
- Partner with engineering teams to build scalable tools and infrastructure to build and test their software
- Evolve practices around CI/CD processes
- Iterate on improvements to engineering best practices in a collaborative environment
- Share your knowledge, views, and experience
- Collaborate with peers on ways Release Engineering can improve functionality, performance, and scale
- Participate in on-call rotation as required, and agree to respond to incidents within the team's SLA while on-call
What We're Looking For
- You have a minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in scripting, release engineering, and/or configuration management, even better if you have built services from the ground-up
- You have 3 years of experience using either Github Actions or Jenkins to build, maintain, and automate CI/CD pipelines
- You are familiar with tools like Kubernetes, Chef, Datadog, and AWS
- You should have experience writing clear and maintainable software and system configurations and be proficient with Linux systems
- Experience designing and developing software, as well as managing development toolchains
- Experience in consolidating CI systems
- Ability to collaborate and communicate on projects (champion, demo, and pitch)
We’ll be super impressed if you have experience in any of these:
- Scripting in languages such as bash, Go, python, and ruby is a plus
- Kubernetes deployment tooling and test automation experience
- Comfort working and communicating in distributed teams across time zones
- Excellent presentation skills for both internal and external conferences
- Agile delivery methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, and Lean
- Proficiency analyzing and debugging large-scale distributed systems
- This position will require you to be available during core business hours.
Work Location(s) & Travel Requirements:
This position is open to New York, NY or London, United Kingdom.
Fastly currently embraces a largely hybrid model for most roles which allows employees flexibility to split their time between the office and home.
We are willing to consider remote candidates in New York (Remote) or London, United Kingdom (Remote).
This position may require travel as required by your role or requested by your manager.
The estimated salary range for this position is $155,370 to $194,210.
Starting salary may vary based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, qualifications, and location.
This role may be eligible to participate in Fastly’s equity and discretionary bonus programs.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance. Family planning, mental health support along with Employee Assistance Program, Insurance (Life, Disability, and Accident), an open vacation policy and up to 18 days of accrued paid sick leave are there to help support our employees. We also offer 401(k) (including company match) and an Employee Stock Purchase Program. For 2023, we offer 10 paid local holidays, 11 paid company wellness days.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. As a new hire, you will be able to attend our IN-PERSON new hire orientation in our San Francisco office! It is an exciting week-long experience that we offer to new employees to build connections with colleagues across Fastly, participate in hands-on learning opportunities, and immerse yourself in our culture firsthand.
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply! A fully completed application and resume or CV are required when applying.
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, family or parental status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.