Senior Project Manager, Sales Operations
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Project Manager, Sales Operations
As part of our strategy to scale and grow, Fastly is committed to providing world-class enablement programs that accelerate revenue and drive growth. We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Global Sales Operations and Enablement organization to serve as a trusted, strategic partner orchestrating all delivery aspects of strategic initiatives and enablement programs that are aligned to our highest business priorities. In this role, the Senior Project Manager will drive standardization in Fastly specific strategic programs to ensure delivery of impactful experiences at scale.
Working cross-functionally with stakeholders in and beyond Global Sales Operations and Enablement, a candidate in this role will leverage a program delivery framework to establish program scope, develop and activate the appropriate structure, tools, and team to execute, and drive accountability for team alignment and delivery.
A successful candidate is able to collaborate effectively to drive delivery of results-oriented programs designed to achieve specific business outcomes. Additionally, s/he will have experience executing complex, high-visibility projects and measuring success. An ideal candidate will have worked at an enterprise SAAS provider in a program or project management capacity, and will be comfortable interacting and building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
What You'll Do:
- Build end-to-end project management plan and drive all aspects of delivery, including ideation, execution, directing work and people to accommodate executive-driven shifts
- Function as project/program single source of truth, including providing on-demand program messaging, updates, and clarification through established channels
- Align and manage stakeholders on project/program priorities, delivery plans, and calls to action in a highly matrixed environment. Including building and managing senior executive relationships of the highest level
- In partnership with Tableau Sales Enablement team leaders, establish and drive communications and collaboration cadences and influence targeted messaging and content for all stakeholder personas in all modalities (written and virtual)
- In partnership with the Sales Operations and Enablement team, drive the capture and reporting of project issues, risks, and dependencies
- Measure and communicate results of strategic programs and consistently achieve high customer satisfaction scores and business impact on delivered programs
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum 5-8 years of combined experience in Go-To Market experience, Enablement, Learning & Development, Program/Project Management, and/or Strategic Consulting
- Strong business acumen with a solid understanding of enterprise business models, go-to-market strategy, and sales process
- Demonstrated ability to deliver global, scalable programs to increase performance and drive outcomes
- Experience with program and project planning, prioritization, and collaboration for complex, cross-functional initiatives. Must be detail-oriented
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with ability to effectively communicate ideas and influence all levels of the organization while holding others accountable
- Ability to work well under tight timelines and juggle multiple priorities and rapid changes, often in ambiguous situations across complex, cross-functional initiatives
- Strong team-oriented leadership skills, with the ability to build rapport, collaborate, and motivate successfully in a cross-functional environment
- A passion for learning, with energy and enthusiasm to motivate and engage others
- This position will require you to be available during core business hours.
Work Location(s) & Travel Requirements:
This position is open to the following preferred office locations:
- San Francisco, CA
- Denver, CO
- New York City, NY
- Los Angeles, CA
Fastly currently embraces a largely hybrid model for most roles which allows employees flexibility to split their time between the office and home.
The estimated salary range for this position is $104,830 to $154,170.
Starting salary may vary based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, qualifications, and location.
This role may be eligible to participate in Fastly’s equity and discretionary bonus programs.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance. Family planning, mental health support along with Employee Assistance Program, Insurance (Life, Disability, and Accident), an open vacation policy and up to 18 days of accrued paid sick leave are there to help support our employees. We also offer 401(k) (including company match) and an Employee Stock Purchase Program. For 2023, we offer 10 paid local holidays, 11 paid company wellness days.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. As a new hire, you will be able to attend our IN-PERSON new hire orientation in our San Francisco office! It is an exciting week-long experience that we offer to new employees to build connections with colleagues across Fastly, participate in hands-on learning opportunities, and immerse yourself in our culture firsthand.
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply! A fully completed application and resume or CV are required when applying.
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, family or parental status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.