Senior Software Engineer - Customer IAM
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Software Engineer - Customer Identity Access Management (C.IAM)
The Customer Identity Access Management team is responsible for building solutions that enable Fastly customers to securely collect, organize and manage their users' identities and profile data from one centralized place. We help our customers control their users' access to applications and services within their organization by offering seamless access control mechanisms, advanced authentication methods, progressive profiling, and a consolidated identity.
We are looking for highly motivated software engineers to join our team who have positive attitudes and are willing to be part of something special.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate in the design, development, deployment, and maintenance of the application that involve the customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) systems and solutions
- Engage with engineers across the entire organization to leverage our authorization and authentication strategy and implementation.
- Take ownership of features from start to finish, facilitating review and discussion with peers and partners, and ensuring features as implemented meet product requirements
- Work in close partnership with your engineering leaders to build out and execute on everything from project design to engineering and security standards
- Participate in on-call rotation
What We're Looking For
- ~5+ years hands-on experience developing robust, large-scale distributed systems
- Professional experience in Go and/or Ruby
- Strong understanding of service-oriented architectures, microservices, and design patterns
- Familiarity with authentication standards and technologies such as JWT and OIDC.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to produce quality documentation.
- A great teammate: communicative, collaborative, empathetic
- Experience working with teams distributed across different time zones
- Experience in Service-to-service communication
Nice to haves:
- Hands-on experience with CIAM solutions such as SSO, SAML, OAuth and SCIM
- Experience with Authorization frameworks for applications (preferred distributed systems)
- Experience in Security or building authentication and authorization products
- This position will require you to be available during core business hours and evening and weekends as needed for on-call support
Work Location(s) & Travel Requirements:
This position is open to both Hybrid And Remote Work Locations. The preferred locations for this position are:
- New York, NY
- Denver, CO
- San Francisco, CA
- Los Angeles, CA
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Fastly currently embraces a largely hybrid model for most roles which allows employees flexibility to split their time between the office and home. We are willing to consider highly qualified remote candidates in the US.
This position may require travel as required by your role or requested by your manager.
The estimated salary range for this position is $155,370 to $194,210.
Starting salary may vary based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, qualifications, and location.
This role may be eligible to participate in Fastly’s equity and discretionary bonus programs.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance. Family planning, mental health support along with Employee Assistance Program, Insurance (Life, Disability, and Accident), company paid holidays, paid time off and paid sick leave are there to help support our employees. We also offer 401(k) (including company match) and an Employee Stock Purchase Program.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. As a new hire, you will be able to attend our IN-PERSON new hire orientation in our San Francisco office! It is an exciting week-long experience that we offer to new employees to build connections with colleagues across Fastly, participate in hands-on learning opportunities, and immerse yourself in our culture firsthand.
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply! A fully completed application and resume or CV are required when applying.
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, family or parental status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.