Account Executive, Commercial - Central
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Fastly has already disrupted CDN technology and has quickly expanded to become a recognized leader in the security and edge compute markets. Our sales team engages in a consultative selling approach, learns the individual needs of each customer, and delivers custom solutions. We focus on creating a positive customer experience in order to build long-standing relationships.
The sales team’s focus is driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration in targeted accounts in a vertical selling motion. The ideal candidate possesses a technical sales background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO, IT architect, and software developer levels. You should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly bookings and revenue targets.
What You'll Do
- Accountable for driving new business and logos, while meeting or exceeding quota goals, leading all aspects of the sales cycle including prospecting, sales campaign/meetings, discovery, qualification, negotiation, path to closure, and account management
- Prepare a territory plan and use all available tools to prospect effectively, achieving activity metrics provided by Sales Managers and sales operations. Adhere to territory assignment and pass off conversations that fall into other reps' areas of responsibility
- Work with the Sales Manager to map new accounts (incl. key stakeholders and business requirements), develop account plans, and penetrate new accounts
- Work with Sales Development Representatives to develop leads, and Solutions Engineers to effectively communicate the Fastly story
- Effectively and autonomously deliver the Fastly company story, vertical talk track value proposition-based presentations, and product demonstrations
- Identify a prospect’s issues, recognize requirements, and effectively articulate potential solutions
- Work with Sales Management and the Deal desk to prepare and deliver compelling proposals, quotes, and contracts
- Develop a deal framework for all deals set to close, including necessary stakeholders, results, and timelines for both sides. Be able to communicate this effectively to the customer. Coordinate Eval/POC with the customer. Validate success criteria using the appropriate testing methodology
- Accelerate customer adoption of Fastly technology and ensure customer satisfaction
- Use SFDC to maintain updated account/contact information, accurately forecast bookings and revenue, track sales activity, and build target lists
- Provide insight into the market based on first-line experience and the voice of the customer
What We're Looking For
- A self-starter with 3+ years of technology (B2B, SaaS preferred) related sales or business development experience able to demonstrate development, growth, and expansion of territory
- A technical sales background and a strong marketing and business development acumen enable them to drive an engagement at the CTO, CMO, and VP of Digital Experience levels, using ROI models and case studies to justify the need
- Experience with security technologies, content delivery network services, web analytics, website performance, cloud storage, mobile content delivery, or managed web hosting is highly utilized and desired
- Passion for working in a multifaceted, collaborative, and purpose-driven environment
- Experience running a sales pipeline and driving partnerships to closure
- BA/BS degree required, major in an Engineering or Business discipline: Finance, Economics, Marketing, etc
- Ability to travel to customer meetings, trade shows, and events as needed
- Strong communication and presentation skills
We'll be super impressed if you have experience in any of these:
- SaaS, PaaS, UGC, or Ad-Tech market experience
- Understanding how application security impacts a large enterprise
- This position will require you to be available during core business hours.
Work Location(s) & Travel Requirements:
This position is a remote role and open to candidates residing in the following locations:
- St. Louis, MO
- Nashville, TN
- Indianapolis, IN
This position may require travel as required by your role or requested by your manager.
The estimated range for On-Target Earnings for this role is $172,440 to $215,550. On-Target Earnings consists of a combination of annual base pay and sales compensation variable target. The standard pay split for this role (i.e. base pay vs. variable target %) is 50/50.
Starting salary may vary based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, qualifications, and location.
This role is eligible to participate in Fastly’s global sales compensation plan and may participate in Fastly’s equity program.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance. Family planning, mental health support along with Employee Assistance Program, Insurance (Life, Disability, and Accident), an open vacation policy and up to 18 days of accrued paid sick leave are there to help support our employees. We also offer 401(k) (including company match) and an Employee Stock Purchase Program. For 2023, we offer 10 paid local holidays, 11 paid company wellness days.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. As a new hire, you will be able to attend our IN-PERSON new hire orientation in our San Francisco office! It is an exciting week-long experience that we offer to new employees to build connections with colleagues across Fastly, participate in hands-on learning opportunities, and immerse yourself in our culture firsthand.
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply! A fully completed application and resume or CV are required when applying.
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, family or parental status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.