Manufacturing Engineer, Global Manufacturing Operations
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.
Remote location: Thailand.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role for PCBA SMT processes, DFM, and FMEA.
- Experience working with ODMs, contract manufacturers, and suppliers to drive root cause analysis, corrective actions, and continuous improvements.
- Master's degree or PhD in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Manufacturing experience in SMT and final assembly process development, and with industry manufacturing inspection, testing procedures, and practices.
- Experience setting up SPC, CP, and CPK monitoring.
- Experience in PCBA and system integration manufacturing or process development in NPI.
About the job
Google's custom-designed equipment makes up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Manufacturing Operations team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google’s powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you’re right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google’s infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google’s infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Support production released products until End of Line (EOL), overseeing assembly processes yield and control, cost reduction activities, and support automation solutions. Identify and drive DfM and process improvements that reduce process cycle times and cost, increase yield, while maintaining exceptional quality.
- Design experiments, manage control builds, collect data, conduct First Article Inspections, and ensure that the assembly processes are maintained or improved through the various change management activities.
- Assist other Google teams with providing on-site support for sustaining activities, pre-production builds at CM/ODM, including driving pre-production factory readiness, supporting product bring-up. Assist with gathering feedback on DFx and yield issues during NPI.
- Monitor and trend assembly process issues, initiate root cause investigation, and drive corrective action with the suppliers.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.