Senior Strategic Consultant, Mandiant, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: New York, NY, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA.
- 5 years of experience in cybersecurity (e.g., threat detection, malware intelligence, cloud security posture management, or identity and access management systems).
- Experience assessing and developing cyber security solutions and programs across multiple security domains for government or enterprise.
- Experience delivering cyber outcomes, identifying mission risks, and devising solutions to combat public sector focused threats.
- Certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or Project Management Consultant (PMP).
- 2 years of experience with cloud computing concepts and how security controls are applied to those cloud-based technologies.
- knowledge of technologies used in penetration testing, security event analysis, incident response, computer forensics, network and endpoint architecture, or other SecOps areas.
- Ability to successfully communicate (verbal and written) with clients in a concise manner while managing expectations at both executive and technical levels.
- Knowledge of infrastructure, operating system and application vulnerabilities, security architecture, and controls.
About the job
Since 2004, Mandiant, now part of Google Cloud, has been a trusted partner to security-conscious organizations, providing effective security through the right combination of expertise, intelligence, and adaptive cyber defense solutions.
Our Consulting group provides industry-leading cybersecurity services, advisory, and training services with support. We help organizations effectively detect and respond to threats and reduce overall impact of business risks before, during, and after an incident.
Mandiant is a recognized leader in dynamic cyber defense, threat intelligence and incident response services. By scaling decades of frontline experience, Mandiant helps organizations to be confident in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats. Mandiant is now part of Google Cloud.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $128,000-$192,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Provide expert advice on best practices for managing the cyber security risks during digital transformation as organizations adopt cloud, devops, and new architecture frameworks such as containerization, microservices and zero trust.
- Lead execution of consulting engagements and development of deliverables from start to finish, leading teams in analyzing requirements and working closely with other team members to produce prioritized results aligned to client needs and risk profile.
- Provide guidance on building or transforming cyber security programs and the implementation of technologies used for enterprise security.
- Provide guidance on building or transforming cyber defense programs and capabilities including incident and crisis management, threat hunting, threat intelligence and detection engineering.
- Conduct security reviews and maturity assessments across technology and business teams to address cyber risk and provide clear, and organized risk findings and recommendations to clients.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.