Associate Category Manager, Household Essentials
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
The Associate Category Manager of Household Essentials and General Merchandise will be responsible for specific class P&L ownership, assortment strategy, customer experience, go-to-market and promotion strategy for the Household Essentials and General Merchandise departments at Gopuff.
We are looking for a highly capable, results driven individual to accelerate growth for some of Gopuff’s most important and fastest growing businesses. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator that has the ability to lead externally with partners and internally with cross-functional stakeholders (ie. Supply Chain, Planning, Marketing, Digital Merchandising and Business Development.)
A strong analytical background is imperative to the role and this person must demonstrate strong problem-solving and analytical skills to thrive in the fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that is Gopuff’s Merchandising team.
Gopuff takes pride in creative problem solving and in-person collaborating to make quick and informed decisions. This role will have a hybrid work schedule, where you will be able to showcase your creativity and build strong relationships with teams in a cross functional manner three days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) in our New York hub!
- Establish a deep understanding of Gopuff's business, internal processes, and overall assortment
- Own the assortment strategy (including pricing and positioning) for all Household Essentials and General Merchandise classes
- Develop category plan and strategies to improve sales, margin and other key business driving metrics
- Effectively manage inventory and cash flow for the Household Essentials and General Merchandise classes
- Utilize both internal and external data to make smart and educated decisions that drive incremental sales and new customers to Gopuff
- Monitor performance across multiple classes and locations and use / analyze data to establish go-forward strategies
- Build and maintain ongoing markdown and clearance processes to drive best-in-class productivity of the products we sell
- Partner with Supply Chain and Planning departments to maximize revenue and financial targets within the respective product classifications
- Conduct comparative shopping and pricing analysis both nationally and locally to ensure key product lines are represented effectively in all markets and margin targets are met
- Stay updated on category trends and competitive market conditions
- Bachelor's degree required (Business, Finance, or Economics is a plus)
- 4+ years of experience in Consulting, Finance or applicable merchandising
- 1+ years of experience owning and managing a P&L
- Fully proficient in Excel is a hard requirement for this role, proficient in SQL a plus
- Must have a significant knowledge of Financial Planning, Supply Chain and Marketing
- Capable of taking initiative, ownership and accountability for the business
- Ability to react quickly with a strong sense of urgency
- Management, training and development experience is required
- Gopuff pays employees based on market pricing and pay may vary depending on your location. The salary range below reflects what we’d reasonably expect to pay candidates. A candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. For additional information on this role’s compensation package, please reach out to the designated recruiter for this role
- Salary Range: $57,000 - $90,600
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.