Director of UX & Research (Remote role - GMT or EMEA)
This is a fully remote role for either the European or East US timezones
Grafana Labs is looking for an experienced UX leader that can lead a remote-first UX team through the next phase of company and team growth. In this role, reporting to VP of Product, you will have an opportunity to lead a team of 30 talented and passionate designers, including 4 managers, working across a suite of products spanning several product categories, most with an open source project as the foundation.
We are at an inflection point in our journey. The company is launching multiple new products every year, in different markets, and now has products spanning the very early stages of adoption to products supporting large revenue streams, in markets that are yet to be defined to markets that are red oceans full of competition. As we adapt to reflect this evolving landscape of products and markets, your leadership will be instrumental in refining our approach, ensuring we match the right design strategies to the right contexts.
Help the team blossom in a high-growth environment, balancing the rapid pace of our engineering-led culture with the finesse of top-tier UX. Leading UX bottoms-up with a clear direction, smartly allocating design resources and adopting fitting methodologies for different product and market scenarios will be key to success as a UX leader at Grafana Labs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Communicating and representing the UX team across the organization, including to senior leadership.
- Building trust and strong relationships with cross-functional leaders and teams to effectively support the team.
- Coaching and leading a team of 30+ UX designers and researchers, including 4 managers. Making sure career development and growth opportunities are available to managers and ICs.
- Recruiting top design talent, with profiles that match the team, product and market context.
- Building a team culture with focus on cross-functional collaboration, business outcomes and talent development & management.
- Being the champion of team achievements, with a bottoms-up focus.
- Furthering UX maturity with a pragmatic bottoms-up approach, where speed of innovation is a core R&D value.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience communicating UX topics to colleagues at all seniority and UX experience levels to effectively convey the intended message.
- Experience as a UX leader in a fast paced, high growth, engineering-led environment.
- Experience coaching and developing UX managers.
- Experience driving cross-functional initiatives that involve various teams and leaders to accomplish strategic goals.
- Experience leading a team through change.
- Comfort and experience working autonomously and asynchronously in a distributed remote team.