Manager, Sales Development (Remote, East US)
We are looking for an impact-driven leader to manage and grow our AMER Commercial Sales Development team and to help us increase and improve the usage of our products in small and mid-sized organizations across the Americas. Our users’ success is core to why this team exists and how we operate. As leader of this group, you will be an important contributor to our Americas leadership team, driving recruiting, pipeline generation strategy, and proactive coaching and development for our SDRs.
The Sales Development Manager holds ultimate responsibility for the team's pipeline success and team culture. As such, this leader should be experienced in partnering effectively with cross-functional leaders across the GTM organization, from Sales and Marketing to Operations and Enablement. Our aim is to ensure that each SDR has a clear, well-lit path to be successful in the SDR role while developing the skills needed to become our future leaders in other departments. You must be passionate about this.
We need someone who is confident and decisive but also humble, empathetic and open-minded. While we’ve had strong growth in the Commercial segment, there is a massive opportunity to do and innovate more. There are problems to solve and building to be done. We need someone who enjoys a fast-paced environment but who prioritizes intentionality and quality, and who can balance thinking strategically while also developing and executing on the tactics.
What you’ll be doing:
- This is a first-line management role, where you’ll develop and mentor a team of SDRs, including responsibility for performance management, recruitment, and training.
- While you’ll be managing SDRs, you will also be the head of our Commercial SDR Team and need to think and act beyond the success of your team’s own KPIs to the overall sustainable success of the business.
- Help execute on the strategy to ensure the success of our open source users and pipeline generation, with a primary focus on our Cloud products.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, Self-Serve, Operations, Enablement, and Recruiting.
- Take an analytical and data-driven approach to your business with strong instincts and decisiveness to influence change and drive improved productivity.
- Drive an inclusive, collaborative environment, where your team members feel empowered to engage and speak up and where there is constant learning and growth.
What we look for:
- 2+ years of first-line management and/or experience in sales, sales development, operations, or enablement.
- Managed and led teams across the Americas and across segments of the business or closed business as an individual contributor; experience working with Cloud products and with a product-led motion are important.
- Consistent track record of leading teams to exceed monthly and quarterly targets; and reflection on and learning from when you’ve (occasionally) missed.
- Growth mindset, leading by example & proactively bringing solutions to challenges you identify, backed by data.
- Strong Salesforce skills.
- Ability to operate in an entrepreneurial, fully remote environment.
- Be located in the US or Canada.
- Fluency in Portuguese and/or Spanish is a plus. Remember, this role covers the Americas.
In the United States, the OTE compensation range for this role is $115,500 - $144,500. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable), and other benefits listed on our careers page.