Performance Marketing Manager - Paid Search
About the Team
An instrumental part of GOAT Group, the Marketing team oversees a wide range of activities, which aim to build awareness, consideration and loyalty for our brands. As a member of this team, you will work to execute thoughtful, data-driven marketing campaigns that drive meaningful growth for the company.
We are looking for a Performance Marketing Manager, Paid Search to help grow GOAT Group’s user base primarily through Google Ads. As a member of the growth team, the ideal candidate will be highly data-driven, process-driven, and have strong expertise in growth through performance marketing. Within GOAT Group, you will manage our brands: GOAT, Flight Club, and alias.
As a marketplace, the core objective of the role is to grow buyers and sellers through the management of the paid search marketing budget. You will be collaborating across the Growth (Performance Marketing, SEO, and Growth Analytics) and Product teams to understand the economics of our business and how to build sustainable growth strategies through paid search marketing.
Your core advertising strategies will be focused on Paid Search + Shopping ads through Google (and possibly Apple Search Ads). True to the nature of Growth, you will be expected to strategize and test new ideas and concepts continually.
The ideal candidate will have either a strong economics/financial background (or performance marketing background) as the core of the role will be the management of a large budget while optimizing the performance of our Search campaigns. The candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. GOAT Group has grown tremendously year-over-year and we expect someone who is able to have fun, grow and transcend with us.
In this role, you will:
- Google Shopping: Lead, manage, and optimize execution with Google Shopping (and Smart Shopping) while working closely with our partners at Google on optimization, incrementally testing, and expansion strategies
- Google Search: Actively manage and strategize our Google Search account and performance. A/B test ideas with Product Marketing to optimize our campaigns
- Google Merchant Center: Monitor and upkeep our product feeds through GMC, while working with Growth Analytics to continuously improve our account strategies
- alias & Seller Acquisition: Work closely with the alias team to develop growth strategies for our dedicated seller app - alias. Leverage Google Search for landing page to app installs strategies
- Project Management: Contribute and manage our team's quarterly roadmap to execute on OKRs and company/team-specific projects via our project management software, Asana
- International Collaboration: Collaborate with our international marketing teams to support buyer and seller acquisition strategies through Google Search + Shopping
- SEO Collaboration: SEO + PPC are vital to the success of our web performance. Partner with SEO on strategic and holistic initiatives, such as content marketing
- Apple Search Ads: the core of the role is Google, but there may be opportunities to expand into ASA
- Reporting: Closely monitor, measure, and report on campaign performance, budgeting and conduct ad hoc analyses
- Finance: Support the leadership team in managing the performance marketing budget, and setting forecasts/expectations for sustainable growth
- Analytics: Partner with Growth Analytics to fully understand our paid & product marketing KPIs and create strategies to improve customer lifetime value
We are looking for:
- 2+ years of Google Shopping experience
- Must have 4+ years of overall Google Ads experience
- Strong Excel and analytical skills - must be able to interpret raw data into meaningful insights and KPIs
- Mastery of the economics of Google Search + Shopping
- Exceptional project management experience; agile marketing is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface effectively with stakeholders
- Ecommerce, marketplace, or online retail experience is a plus
- Proficiency in SQL is a plus
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel and accessories. Operating four distinct brands–GOAT, Flight Club, Grailed and alias–GOAT Group has a global community of over 50M members across 170 countries.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world, and has expanded to offer apparel and accessories from select emerging, contemporary and iconic brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 50 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
Founded in 2013, Grailed is the leading community-driven marketplace for rare luxury, streetwear and vintage fashion. The marketplace was built for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts, and features products from brands including Supreme, Raf Simons, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Prada and more. With a highly curated selection of resale pieces including inventory exclusive to the platform, Grailed makes fashion accessible.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Park West Asset Management, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Franklin Templeton, Adage Capital Management, Ulysses Management, D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
If you are an EU or UK resident, please review our EU / UK Candidate & Employee Privacy Notice.