Software Engineer - Frontend
About the Team
At GOAT Group, the Engineering team is an integral part of our dynamic company. By joining the team, your skills will be front and center, working alongside other passionate individuals to solve problems and build software. From launching compelling new consumer experiences, tackling global logistics challenges to scaling infrastructure to facilitate our rapid growth – technology is essential to driving our vision forward. The work you do will change the way the world shops, while also empowering entrepreneurs, including individual sellers, brands and boutiques.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer - Frontend to solve complex problems gracefully, grow scalable systems, and help to shape our technical vision. We are solving a wide range of technical challenges as we power the world’s largest fashion marketplace.
This is an opportunity to join a team of smart, thoughtful engineers with a clean, robust tech stack. We are organized into cross-functional squads, where you’ll get to use some skills you already know, learn new ones, and help take the team to the next level. We are community driven, and supporting our sellers is critical as our marketplace continues to grow and thrive.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers to build features and improvements
- Inform, build and support frontend architecture
- Add to and improve our testing environment
- QA and code review other engineers’ work
- Write tests to support features
- Support the team in building pages that are accessible and performant
- Collaborate with backend and iOS team to ship seamless features
- Participate in onboarding, and mentor and sponsor other engineers in your areas of expertise
We are looking for:
- 2+ years of frontend engineering experience
- Experience building, maintaining, or architecting one or more production web applications
- Experience with SSR, best practices for optimizations around SEO and performance
- Can convert designs to responsive web elements
- Preferably, you have professional experience with the technologies with which we work (React, Next.js, Typescript, Ruby on Rails)
- Nice to have: Experience working on a marketplace or e-commerce platform
- Nice to have: Experience working in a Kanban style agile format
- Must be willing and able to work eastern timezone hours
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel and accessories. Operating four distinct brands–GOAT, Flight Club, Grailed and alias–GOAT Group has a global community of over 50M members across 170 countries.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world, and has expanded to offer apparel and accessories from select emerging, contemporary and iconic brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 50 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
Founded in 2013, Grailed is the leading community-driven marketplace for rare luxury, streetwear and vintage fashion. The marketplace was built for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts, and features products from brands including Supreme, Raf Simons, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Prada and more. With a highly curated selection of resale pieces including inventory exclusive to the platform, Grailed makes fashion accessible.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Park West Asset Management, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Franklin Templeton, Adage Capital Management, Ulysses Management, D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. By applying, you authorize GOAT Group to send you text messages regarding your job application, interview and/or onboarding process, and other job opportunities at GOAT Group. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants. If you are an EU or UK resident, please review our EU / UK Candidate & Employee Privacy Notice.