Accounts Payable Specialist
About the Team
At GOAT Group, the Finance team is responsible for managing the company's financial profile. Through analysis, reporting, long-range planning and partnering with business leaders, our Finance team enables strategic decision-making and helps contextualize financial implications across the company. By joining our Finance team, you will work with a group of thoughtful, insightful individuals, all of whom are committed to solving complex problems and ensuring the continued growth of the company and its platforms.
An Accounts Payable Specialist is there to make sure all bills are processed, approved and paid in an efficient and timely manner. These financial specialists provide administrative and clerical support by processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices, responding to vendor inquiries and status updates, reconciling statements of accounts and monitoring expense reports.
In this role, you will:
- Monitors the AP inboxes to forward invoices to our designated systems for processing
- Enters and codes invoices using the tools and resources available to ensure proper entry into our financial system
- Handles vendor correspondence via email
- Investigates and solves problems associated with processing payment of invoices
- Assists with month end reports, audit selections, and ad hoc projects
- Files, saves, and maintains financial documents, vendor information, and invoice support
- Performs other duties as required to support the AP Department
We are looking for:
- 1-2 years of experience in Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable
- Understanding of basic principles of finance, accounting, and bookkeeping
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and mathematical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company and employee information
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel and accessories. Operating four distinct brands–GOAT, Flight Club, Grailed and alias–GOAT Group has a global community of over 50M members across 170 countries.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world, and has expanded to offer apparel and accessories from select emerging, contemporary and iconic brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 50 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
Founded in 2013, Grailed is the leading community-driven marketplace for rare luxury, streetwear and vintage fashion. The marketplace was built for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts, and features products from brands including Supreme, Raf Simons, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Prada and more. With a highly curated selection of resale pieces including inventory exclusive to the platform, Grailed makes fashion accessible.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Park West Asset Management, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Franklin Templeton, Adage Capital Management, Ulysses Management, D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. By applying, you authorize GOAT Group to send you text messages regarding your job application, interview and/or onboarding process, and other job opportunities at GOAT Group. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants. If you are an EU or UK resident, please review our EU / UK Candidate & Employee Privacy Notice.