Senior Manager, Learning & Internal Communication
The Senior Learning & Internal Communications Manager will play a key role in building, communicating and executing the talent & learning initiatives, as well as enhancing the existing talent initiatives across CaaStle. This individual will have the opportunity not only to assess the company’s learning & talent needs, but also to build and create new programs that will shape the learning and talent culture at CaaStle. This individual will also be responsible for the People Team’s communications.
This role is perfect for a highly motivated, creative individual with a progressive mindset who excels when working across multiple initiatives with stakeholders across teams and locations. The ideal candidate cares deeply about matching the company’s business goals with employees’ performance and continuous learning. This individual has exceptional communications skills (both written and verbal), is organized, adaptable, and highly detail oriented.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the Global Head of Talent & Learning to assess the learning & development needs, prioritize initiatives and drive impact to employees.
- Research and develop content necessary to successfully deliver the talent & learning initiatives.
- Coordinate and manage the Company and People Team’s internal communications, including creating templates and the branding of initiatives.
- Develop internal education materials and communications across People Team initiatives that support a positive culture and employee experience.
- Manage the end-to-end administration and execution of the Company's Employee Net Promoter Score (eNPS) survey, ensuring a comprehensive and data-driven approach to measure employee engagement, satisfaction, and sentiment, leading to actionable insights for organizational improvement.
- Partner with People Team BPs and leadership to advise on CaaStle’s performance management, workforce planning, organizational design and succession planning.
- Work closely with the BPs to ideate, advise and to ensure the smooth execution of initiatives.
- Collects and synthesizes feedback from stakeholders (Mgt Team, BPs, Leaders), and works across the People Team to drive the learning and talent initiatives.
- Continually keeps abreast of learning and talent trends.
- This isn’t an all-inclusive list of things you’ll work on, but is representative of the type of tasks you’ll carry out in the role
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of HR and/or talent management, learning and development experience
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to communicate effectively and credibly, both verbally and in writing, with audiences at all management levels
- Confident and personable, able to quickly build relationships with others
- Ability to manage ambiguity across multiple priorities and to know when to escalate issues for final resolution
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Collaborative and works well across teams in a face paced environment
- Comfortable facilitating to groups of people
- Proficiency in Google Suite is required
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package with Company Stock Options
- Pre-tax Medical Care, Dental and Vision Care
- Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Company-provided Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage with optional “buy up” plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Flexible Vacation and Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
Even if you don’t meet all of these qualifications above, we’d still love to hear from you. Tell us about your unique qualifications in your cover letter.
Caastle is committed to equality of opportunity in employment. It has been and will continue to be the policy of Caastle to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, such as those pertaining to training, transfer, promotion, compensation and recreational programs.
All employees must maintain appropriate handling of company confidential information(CCI) and personally identifiable information (PII), as well as comply with the CaaStle information security policy.
At CaaStle, we pioneered the clothing rental model and are now powering it for everyday apparel and accessories. Our workplace consists of an inspiring community of people from unique and diverse backgrounds, and our culture is built upon a foundation of respect and camaraderie. Join us in changing the face of fashion.
CaaStle is committed to equality of opportunity in employment. It has been and will continue to be the policy of CaaStle to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, such as those pertaining to training, transfer, promotion, compensation and recreational programs.