Senior Brand Manager, Go-To-Market (Flamingo)
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
About the role
We are looking for a thoughtful and dynamic marketer with a passion for building, implementing, and refining brand initiatives with national impact to drive omni-channel growth. You will drive the brand team’s strategic priorities, including go-to-market execution, integrated marketing plans and performance measurement and optimization to deliver against KPIs.
We are seeking a marketer who is motivated by finding creative solutions to complex problems—an energetic and empathetic teammate with exceptional project management skills, an interest in cross-functional relationship-building, a bias for action, and a no-task-too-small mentality. Ideally you have experience leading cross-functional teams to a shared vision, working with consumer insights and analytical tools (i.e. IRI, Looker), contributing to product innovation and working on integrated and/or digital-led campaigns.
This role is a unique opportunity to demonstrate strategic and independent thinking in order to have a significant impact on the real-time growth of the Flamingo brand. You will live and breathe our brand and business, and help power its growth so ultimately consumers know us, join us, enjoy our products, stay loyal to us, and advocate for us.
What you will accomplish
- Develop a robust understanding of 1) our target consumer’s mindset and motivations, 2) the brands & businesses that are vying for our consumer’s mind and wallet, and 3) our business and how we sustainably grow priority categories through promotional support.
- Interrogate data to identify levers we can pull to grow our priority categories; balance facts with intuition to distill opportunities into compelling business cases and ultimately, into project plans that can inspire and empower cross-functional teams.
- Drive ongoing, evergreen communications for priority categories to drive awareness, familiarity, and trial. Write inspiring briefs, identify key goals and metrics and engage internal creative and communications teams to ensure we achieve desired creative outcomes
- Partner with Flamingo Innovation team to lead final stage gate process of tier 1 innovation including development of 360º go-to-market launch strategy
- Liaise with GTM and Innovation on development of critical brand selling materials such as Joint Business Planning and Long Range Planning with Retailers
- Analyze marketing activities performance using the suite of measurement tools at our disposal; assess findings on the short-term and long-term impact to direct future planning
- Support Director of Brand Management in defining the Flamingo brand narrative and calendar so we know the arc of the 12-18 months ahead
- Assist the Director in long-term strategic processes such as Annual Business Planning that aim to define the brand roadmap for the next 1-5 years and lead the continuous iteration, optimization and prioritization in order to meet performance goals
- Serve as the connection point between the brand and our DTC PM ensuring DTC and growth marketing priorities align with brand strategy and vision
- Collaborate with Flamingo finance lead to identify opportunities to drive margin improvement ensuring Flamingo not only meets but exceeds financial targets
- Partner with Strategy to lead Flamingo Monthly Business Review to analyze past performance and synthesize learnings into strategic recommendations
This should describe you
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA a plus
- You have 6+ years of experience in Marketing or adjacent fields, ideally with some experience in integrated marketing strategy.
- You’re compassionate and collaborative, and draw energy from working with people of all different expertises.
- You’re very organized and have the ability to continuously prioritize, multi-task, and live in the details.
- You’re energetic with a positive attitude and don’t take yourself too seriously
- You’re a self-starter with a bias for action who always takes the initiative to explore.
- You’re confident enough to stand behind your opinions, but humble enough to disagree and commit when necessary.
- You’re endlessly curious and enjoy digging into the data to develop the ability to think deeply about consumers and what motivates them.
- You believe that resonant and relevant brands can drive business growth, and you love when brands do good things in the world.
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to Director of Brand Management
- You’ll work with Insights, Creative, Comms, Growth Marketing, Shopper Marketing, Retail, DTC, Engagement, Legal, R&D, Design, Sourcing, Analytics, and more.
About the team
We are a highly strategic function and think through the implications of marketing activity across channels and surfaces with our consumer and brand goals in mind. We interface and communicate with multiple areas of the business including Growth Marketing, Engagement, Comms, Shopper Marketing, and Creative and Design (and many more).
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $118,000-$162,250, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.