Creative Operations Manager (Flamingo)
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
Our vision for the Flamingo brand is to be the largest and most loved Female care brand in the U.S. by 2030. We are looking for a leader to continue to drive its growth, oversee a world class team and make millions of customers happy along the way. The role is full time in New York.
About the Brand & Team
With well-designed products and honest conversations at its core, Flamingo launched in 2018 with a suite of products for body hair. Since then, we have expanded our assortment for every routine: razors, wax strips, hair removal cream, facial dermaplane, shave gel, and body lotion—with an expanding list of innovative products that will launch in the coming years. We’re committed to building healthy, positive relationships with our bodies and creating products that put the choice in your hands.
As the Creative Operations Manager, you’ll be a key member of the Brand Operations Team. Our team is responsible for bringing the Flamingo brand to life across all channels physically and digitally (DTC, Retail, Brand Marketing, Acquisition, In-Store Marketing, and Packaging to name a few). Our team is at the frontlines of the Flamingo brand, which is a job we take seriously… but that doesn’t mean we take ourselves too seriously. Our goal is to build an iconic brand by making cool shit and having fun while doing it.
About the Role
The role will own all end to end project management for physical projects (innovation, packaging, and in-store marketing), Additionally, the role will support photoshoots and some digital project management for product launches.
A Creative Operations Manager is the glue that holds the Creative and Brand teams together and is the constant source of truth for the projects they manage. They need to be the ultimate team player: dedicated, hard-working, and able to maintain and share their positive attitude. They ensure that projects run smoothly and are delivered on time and on brief, while making sure all team members have the support and information they need. The ideal candidate approaches each task, small or large, with the same attention to detail and follow through. They thrive off creating systems and optimizing processes, all to drive clarity and efficiency, not only on their direct team but with cross functional teams as well.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Strengthen and push a high standard for project management across all physical projects from conception through execution.
- You’ll be engaged in the creative process from end to end: briefing, creative development to delivery/asset hand-off
- You’ll also provide creative support for the retail team: from managing render requests to creating sample mock-ups for meetings
- You’ll be the quarterback of a multifaceted creative team, owning workstreams that touch our various brand channels with brand / innovation managers and cross functional PMs
- Manage and facilitate a variety of creative projects, with a focus on innovation, packaging and in-store marketing projects
- Develop timelines and ensure our team is on track to reach these milestones, while also adapting to pivots in timelines when they occur
- Support Head of Brand Operations in production of photoshoots for physical projects
- Celebrate our wins and help to adapt when we have setbacks
- Work strategically with the internal Flamingo team and cross-functional stakeholders to optimize projects and processes.
- Define project scope, identify potential risks, develop mitigation strategies; ensure deliverables meet requirements and standards
- Independently act as the main point of contact for your creative workstreams, partnering closely with cross-functional stakeholders such as brand teams, insights, retail, design, and more
- Partner with project leads and brand managers to develop strong creative briefs grounded in insights and channel strategy
- Effectively communicate within the team/org and negotiate timelines, decision making, and feedback
- Acting as the right-hand person to our Head of Brand Operations, helping to define processes needed to effectively plan, resource, and manage our creative workstreams
- Strengthen and maintain the creative operations building blocks and capabilities.
- Maintain organization across all project documents, shared drives (Google Drive, Box, Airtable, etc.), calendars, and meetings (scheduling, sending recaps, follow-ups, etc.)
- If conflicts or issues arise within projects, identify solutions and contribute to their resolution in a timely manner, escalating to team leaders when needed
- Efficiently use and maintain the processes, systems, and tools in place to support our Creative performers and their bandwidth. Navigate complex processes with ease and dedicate time and energy to making it better
- Anticipate both what's happening today and what's ahead. You will proactively sound the alarm on issues that may derail our process/timeline and team bandwidth.
Note this is not a designer role, but an interest in design and/or the creative development process is a must.
You May Be a Fit If…
- You have 3-5 years of experience as a project manager or creative operations manager at an agency or on an in-house creative team
- You are curious and are often the one asking questions to learn new information / find the answers
- You’re comfortable working on a fast-paced team and get a kick out of problem-solving
- You are a great collaborator with strong communication skills
- You’re very organized and you’re known for your attention to detail
- You have a talent for bringing people together and inspiring them to do great work
- You are constantly seeking clarity and making sure everyone is on the same page
- You are able to work in fluid environments where you need to manage changing priorities quarter to quarter, working closely with key stakeholders to clearly understand and communicate restacked priorities
- You foster strong working relationships with team members and cross-functional partners
- You take your work seriously, but not yourself
Here’s Who You’ll Work With
- Reporting to: Head of Brand Operations
- Day-to-Day: Flamingo Creative team
- Cross-Functional Partner Teams: Flamingo Innovation & Brand teams, Retail, Design (Industrial Design & Production Teams, specifically the Design Operations Project Manager), R&D, Sourcing, Insights, Legal & Regulatory
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $91,600-$125,950, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.