Omni-Channel Shopper Insights Manager
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
About the Team
The Centralized Insights & Analytics (CIA) team is a critical function that drives proactive insights to action within the US Personal Care organization. The CIA organization unites capabilities across data science, analytics, insights, and category management into an integrated function to drive insights into action for everyday decisions and more complex business questions that help shape the future of our business strategy that enables us to best serve our customers. Capabilities built by this team will meaningfully impact the business through marketing optimization, channel strategy, site optimization, selling stories, thought leadership, innovation, and overall consumer/shopper experience.
About the Role
We are looking for a creative and curious shopper insights and customer loyalty manager to lead high impact work that keeps the Harry’s and Flamingo brands on the leading edge of personal care. As a Manager of Insights within our CIA team, you will represent the voice of omni-channel shoppers and brand customers to inform business decisions that fuel ongoing growth and superior experiences in retail and on our DTC sites. You will be the expert on category shoppers and our customer journey to address critical business questions with recommendations based on robust and reliable custom insights.
What you will accomplish:
- Be the expert on our omni-channel shoppers’ path to purchase and the role of shopper marketing, pricing, assortment, and promotion in their decisions to enhance our plans with recommendations that grow sales, share and customer loyalty
- Lead our ongoing NPS insights work to identify opportunities that positively impact the customer journey and drive increased loyalty through seamless experiences that delight our customers wherever they choose to buy our products
- Translate business needs into an ongoing insights roadmap; execute high impact learning in coordination with other members of the CIA team to uncover holistic learning that guides our go to market approach, category recommendations, and ongoing growth strategies
- Support the sell-in of retail initiatives and new products using category insights derived from custom shopper work and collaboration with other members of our centralized insights & analytics team
- Inform site features and design to optimize the DTC buyer flow, maximize conversion, and retain customers who purchase through our brand websites
- Enhance omni-channel shopper insights capabilities to strengthen our role as a category influencer and partner of choice with key retailers
- Effectively communicate insights from all work to internal teams and senior management by distilling results to essential learning and actionable recommendations that enable rapid decisions
This should describe you:
- Passionate about the shopper – You’re the champion of a ‘shopper first’ mindset that strengthens our understanding of our categories, shoppers, and omni-channel purchase journeys
- Crafty and creative – You look for creative solutions and aren’t afraid to get scrappy when appropriate. You are focused on delivering against learning objectives and timelines and build research approaches to suit. You are equally comfortable executing research projects on your own or working with external partners
- Skilled data storyteller – You are comfortable weaving together disparate sources of information from across our CIA teams into a holistic story with strong recommendations
- Highly collaborative - You can quickly establish credibility within the teams you support to impact decisions through both formal and informal influence
- Comfortable using self-service quantitative and qualitative research tools with strong experience across a range of custom shopper insights approaches
- You have ~5 years related experience, preferably working on FMCG or packaged goods
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report to the Sr. Director of Insights
- Provide direct support to our Retail, DTC, and Shopper Marketing teams
- Work closely with other members of our Centralized Insights and Analytics (CIA) organization
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $91,600-$125,950 but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.