Graphic Designer (Flamingo)
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
Hi, we’re Flamingo. We’re best known for our award-winning razor and now we’re reimagining body hair and care tools to put women in control of how they take care of their bodies. Think: high performance and innovative design for every routine, all at a nice price. Our products are sold at retailers nationwide, like Target and Walmart, and on our website.
Since launching in 2018, Flamingo has set aside 1% of sales for our social mission, including support for nonprofit organizations. Through a commitment to action, education, and healing, we hold our brand promise to champion women, their bodies, and their choices at the center of everything we do.
About the Role:
Flamingo is seeking a talented and motivated Graphic Designer to join our internal Brand Creative and Comms team, reporting into the Head of Design & Art Direction. This role will join a multidisciplinary team of graphic designers, art directors, copy writers, creative strategists, and marketing and social media managers. With a focus on work that lives primarily online, the role will be responsible for creating a variety of visual assets that reinforce the look and feel of the brand. This includes concepting, designing and producing ready-to-publish assets for: emails, landing pages, PDPs, paid and organic ads, GIFs. This role additionally supports the cross-functional teams of Retail, DTC, and Growth Marketing by creating diverse visual assets and content across multiple Flamingo channels.
Digital experience is a must with proficiency in Figma/Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite. Additionally, the role must have a strong understanding of design for social channels and compelling visual storytelling. As needed, this role will have the opportunity to flex outside this scope by assisting team members in a variety of projects including: brand campaigns, art direction for still life and in-use photoshoots, design for packaging and in-store retail displays, and other printed brand collateral.
This should describe you:
- Exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative design solutions across multiple disciplines
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design
- 3–5 years experience designing across digital products with additional experience designing for social media platforms
- Interest and experience in design for packaging, print, and art direction is a plus
- Super passionate about design, process, and industry trends
- Highly skilled with Figma or Sketch, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Google Suite
- Experience with After Effects is a plus
- Understanding of basic UX/UI best practices to collaborate with our UX lead
- Strong knowledge of digital best practices for digital channel formats (e.g. Instagram vs. email)
- Talent for graphic systems, color, layout, typography, motion graphics, and video editing
- Experience building design decks and presenting your work to a variety of stakeholders (both designers and non)
- Exceptional communication skills, always sharing the why and how behind your work, and not afraid to ask questions to seek clarity
- Proven track record of collaborating cross-functionally on projects
- Open-minded, enjoys both working independently and in an energetic and collaborative environment
- Strong ability to work under pressure, organize yourself, and prioritize work to meet multiple competing deadlines
- Thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication while being able to pivot quickly based on feedback
- Inquisitive, looking to understand outside your role, an eager problem solver, and highly motivated to produce best-in-class work
- Always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- There’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Knowledge and interest of beauty or skincare, wellness or related industry is a plus
- Sense of humor—we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
- Ability to live by Harry’s values
Who you will work with:
- Reporting to the Head of Design/Art Direction
- Working with Flamingo Creative and Comms Team
- Collaborate with Harry’s Inc. level DTC, Retail, Growth Marketing Teams
- Occasional collaboration with Harry’s Design and Creative/Comms Teams
- Collaborate, commission, and partner with external vendors (when applicable)
- Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator/Photoshop/Indesign/After Effects
- Stripo (internal software)
- Google Suite
What you will accomplish:
- Work within the Flamingo Creative/Comms Team and partner cross-functionally on projects big and small, establishing relationships and trust along the way.
- Understand and implement a cohesive look and feel across all channels, ensuring it aligns with brand guidelines and team goals.
- Support the Art Director across all new product launches: digital assets for homepage, PDPs, site modifications, emails, social assets for paid/organic in-feed posts, Instagram/TikTok stories, and updates for retail sites.
- Collaborate with videographer to develop social ads and how-to videos for websites that align with the brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with the Copywriter to ensure assets clearly communicate the brief’s goals.
- Drive a cohesive customer experience of the Flamingo brand across digital channels—from emails to product pages to owned social. Serve as a bridge between the integrity of the brand visually and satisfying the best consumer journey practices.
- Own and design assets for paid acquisition channels. Understand and synthesize customer insights and data to help develop scalable ads.
- Support the DTC team with digital assets across shopflamingo.com, including product merchandising imagery, homepage assets to align with moment-in-time campaigns (ex. holiday & back-to-school) and product how-to content.
- Leverage a digital and mobile-first mindset when designing.
- Translate creative into specific dimensions by following retailer's and Flamingo’s guidelines.
- Ensure final files are accurate and ready for delivery, including file construction, organization, and proper web export (i.e. slicing, file size optimization for web, etc.)
- Manage multiple projects while consistently meeting project deadlines all to maintain a high level of work.
- Being flexible, willing to iterate on creative work, humbly incorporating feedback, and highly communicative is key to success in this position.
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $71,200-$97,900, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.