Senior Associate, Retail Analyst
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
About the Team
The Centralized Insights & Analytics (CIA) team is a critical function that drives proactive insights to action within the US Personal Care organization. The CIA organization unites capabilities across data science, analytics, insights, and category management into an integrated function to drive insights into action for everyday decisions and more complex business questions that help shape the future of our business strategy that enables us to best serve our customers. Capabilities built by this team will meaningfully impact the business through marketing optimization, channel strategy, site optimization, selling stories, thought leadership, innovation, and overall consumer/shopper experience.
What you will accomplish:
- Provide the primary internal analytical support for our Harry’s brand and personal care categories - leveraging macro market trends, category, shopper, and competitive performance analysis to inform future innovation, offensive & defensive marketing and promotional strategies, test and learn activities, and enable category disruption
- Develop a deep foundational knowledge of the Retail environment, CPG, sales fundamentals, and syndicated data
- Manage weekly/monthly scorecards for internal and external tracking of the retail business
- Be the go-to for ad-hoc retail reporting and analysis, supporting Sales Managers/Directors by answering business questions, preparing for category reviews, and thought leadership for our retail partners
- Become a “storyteller” - interpret the data and create compelling presentations based on data-driven insights and recommendations
- Identify and drive deep-dive strategic projects that help unlock new revenue-driving opportunities through thoughtful analysis of the category, competitive dynamics, shopper demographics, and purchase dynamics
- Serve as an external and internal influencer within the business, empowering the team to make data-driven decisions quickly by identifying the “so what”
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to drive efficiencies
- Support broader retail analytics projects beyond the specific requirements of your customer team based on business need to help improve overall analytics capabilities, understand total market dynamics, and onboard new programs and tools to improve our collective ability to develop analytical business insights
This should describe you:
- You may be a recent graduate (business, analytics, economics, etc.) or have 6-12+ months of experience in an analytical, planning, data-driven role or internship.
- Working with data excites you, you have the ability to manage and synthesize complex data from multiple sources and create solid business reporting tools and analytic resources
- Passionate and excited to dive deep into learning all things Retail, CPG, and syndicated data (IRI/Nielsen)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Business Suite including PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent communicator with strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Takes ownership and responsibility for the work and desires to be seen as an analytics leader, not just a report generator
- You are insatiably curious and always looking to learn something new - seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- Professional and enthusiastic team player with a passion to work collaboratively across teams and drive for results
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Key Partners and Team Structure:
- You will report to the Head of Retail & Category Analytics and will be closely aligned with our Club Retail Team
- You will be a valued team member of the Centralized Insights & Analytics (CIA) Team
- You will also work closely with the Category Analytics, Insights, Go to Market, Retail, and Brand teams
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $56,100-$70,950, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.