IT Business Relationship Manager (BRM) - Finance
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Business Relationship Manager (BRM) - Finance will be responsible for managing the engagement between business and IT in an effort to deliver technology solutions that align with strategic goals and objectives of the Finance organization.
The BRM serves as a trusted advisor and provides strategic guidance as the primary point-of-contact and interface between IT and key business stakeholders. Provide support throughout the lifecycle of strategic IT projects, while also responsible for incident management and ongoing intake and prioritization of projects and enhancement requests.
The BRM will be responsible for cultivating strong relationships, understanding the business value of new IT project requests, advising business partners on technical implications and solution options, IT portfolio management, and supporting senior members of the team in achieving desired results through the delivery of technology solutions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with business leaders to articulate their business’ needs and requirements that will advance business performance.
- Understanding and driving alignment between the Finance function (CFOs, Directors of Finance, and AP/AR Leaders) and IT strategies. In short, serves as a trusted advisor to the business.
- Thought leader around the application of information technology to business processes and challenges.
- Develops and maintains the IT strategy for their area of responsibility, while ensuring it aligns with the overall IT strategy.
- Customer service focused with the ability to actively listen, elicit information, comprehend issues/needs, and recommend solutions
- Navigating and collaborating with the IT organization on behalf of the business to resolve issues, concerns or problems.
- Owns IT projects activities from ideation to project manager assignment. Participates through project implementation.
- Works across IT to understand new technology trends and forecast future IT infrastructure requirements.
- Provides alternative solutions, and process improvement ideas to stakeholders
- Works with financial leadership on annual IT budgets and forecasts as they relate to their function.
- Creates and manages an actionable roadmap that outlines what IT is expected to deliver.
- Works with business partners to develop cost/benefit analysis and business case
- Ensures that the business benefits associated with IT projects are quantified and realized post-project.
- Leads and participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Confident, professional, and effective presenting and interacting with senior management. Exhibits a high tolerance for rapid change and manages change effectively
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and with a strong desire to learn and share information with others.
- Participate and lead as needed in the company’s strategic planning process and partner with IT to deliver information technology solutions that enable profitable growth.
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Expert knowledge in Finance and Accounting business processes and solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical customers and team members.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- The ability to influence others and effectively manage change.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to information requests from senior executives, stakeholders, cross functional business leaders, peers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to influence strategic decisions through effective oral and written communication to senior management, managers, stakeholders, cross-functional business leaders, and
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in a business domain, Computer Science, or related field or industry experience.
- 10+ years of Finance solutions experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- 5+ years of experience collaborating with IT solution design/development teams (internal or external).
- 3+ years of experience working within a matrixed organization
- Strong competence to understand the business needs and ability to handle resources in a very dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to empower and mentor others within the work group.
- Business experience across Finance, Accounting, Project Systems, FP&A, Consolidations, Tax, and Treasury functions
- CPG Industry experience is preferred.
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $120,400-$145,500, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.