Senior Data Analyst, Amazon
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 70,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
About the Team
The Centralized Insights & Analytics (CIA) team is a critical function that drives proactive insights to action within the US Personal Care organization. The CIA organization unites capabilities across data science, analytics, insights, and category management into an integrated function to drive insights into action for everyday decisions and more complex business questions that help shape the future of our business strategy that enables us to best serve our customers. Capabilities built by this team will meaningfully impact the business through marketing optimization, channel strategy, site optimization, selling stories, thought leadership, innovation, and overall consumer/shopper experience.
About the Role
As the Senior Data Analyst for Amazon you will help build and drive Amazon reporting and deep dive analysis. You will be responsible for building, designing, and reporting KPIs spanning Amazon sales and marketing activities. You will flex your analytical skills by diving into data sets in search of more insights. We need someone with both a strong business acumen, excellent storytelling skills, and a robust technical toolkit. You’ll work with key decision-makers throughout the Amazon and Direct to Consumer business, and also share your insights and recommendations with all levels of the business. This is a very hands on role.
Here's what you'll accomplish:
- Stand-up flywheel reporting to understand how Amazon, and DTC are interacting with one another and the possible cannibalization effects of each channel. These insights will drive our overall omnichannel ecommerce and brick & mortar channel strategy.
- Deliver deep analysis and tracking on Amazon’s Subscribe-and-Save program, including standing up subscription tracking, supporting testing and iteration to optimize bundle promotions and cannibalization analysis to measure impact on DTC and Retail channels
- Help define how we measure and report out on performance on ecommerce across key KPIs, set up dashboarding capability and regularly track and share the overall performance of the business to drive strategic planning
- Identify analytics pain points and inefficiencies, and develop new tools and automated process to optimize and streamline
- Be a data-evangelist across the organization, sharing best practices and insights with cross-functional teams
Background and Experience:
- 3+ years of overall experience in the Data Analytics or Data modeling
- Proficient Technical Skill - You are fluent in writing SQL and Python to query and manipulate datasets, answer questions, and drive end-to-end complete analysis that help accelerate the business. You have a history of creating effective visualizations to clearly drive your point across to various stakeholders using visualization software, like Looker, Tableau or Mode.
- Strong Business Acumen – You think deeply about business strategy and profitability, and have experience translating the business ins and outs into data driven problems. You can proactively identify and investigate potential areas of opportunity with independence
- Engaged Analytical Thought Partner – You are excited about partnering with coworkers to figure out how analytics can solve problems. You are skilled in translating business questions into data analysis visions to execute. You are great at communicating in order to both fully understand someone’s business needs and to communicate potential limitations of your approach
- Tactical Problem Solver – You have experience boiling down medium and large scope data problems into measurable and achievable blocks of work. You have the foresight to identify and dismantle potential roadblocks ahead of time. Furthermore, you’re pragmatic: you can identify and work on the most important problems first and you want to find the highest-impact lowest cost solution
- Clear and concise communicator – You know how to communicate complex concepts effectively and concisely and are comfortable presenting and debating in large groups. We’re looking for strong data advocates who can plug into cross-functional working teams seamlessly and drive cultural pushes for the organization to become more data driven
Values that might describe you:
- You like to solve problems - You push yourself to solve problems in novel, scalable ways so that you are never solving the same problem twice
- You are curious and a learner - You are always seeking to improve yourself and your team, and you love to learn new things while going deeper in the areas you know
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication and feedback
- You are infectiously optimistic - To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge. Hard things are hard, but you don’t let that get in the way
Who you will work with:
- You will report into the Senior Manager, Data Analytics
- Within the broader Data org, you'll work most closely with the other data analysts and analytics engineers on the team.
- Within the larger H’ org, you’ll work closely with leaders in our DTC Org, Amazon team and retail marketing team
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $111,200-$139,000, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.