Remote Licensed Mental Health Therapist - Virginia
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 400,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
Are you a licensed mental health therapist in Virginia looking to launch a private practice, or grow your existing practice?
Headway currently supports thousands of mental health clinicians across the United States in our mission to rewire the mental healthcare system for access and affordability by equipping mental health practitioners with the tools and resources they need to run their practices.
Whether you're new to private practice or already have an established practice of your own, we’re excited to support you in reaching your goals!
By joining the Headway community, we’ll help you:
- Accept insurance hassle-free by credentialing you with the nation’s largest networks and handling the billing and admin paperwork for you.
- Maintain a flexible schedule by deciding how many clients you see through Headway, so that you can set the hours that work for you.
- Grow your caseload by providing marketing support and client referrals. We’ll match you with clients based on your clinical preferences.
- Use Headway’s practice management software to run your practice, but if using your own works better, that’s fine too!
We’ll also support your clients by:
- Providing live, customized support to clinicians and clients in order to streamline the process of both seeking and providing care.
- Verifying client insurance benefits instantly and automatically, so that access to care is never delayed, and you can see your clients with confidence.
And we do this all without additional fees! Headways is a flexible service, meaning your hours are yours to set, and it’s up to you whether you see your patients in-person or remotely via telehealth while working from home.
Ready to get started?
To join Headway’s growing community, you are/have:
- Licensure: You’re fully licensed mental health therapist in Virginia
- NPI Number and Individual Malpractice Insurance: We can point you in the right direction if you don’t have those yet!
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.