Senior Associate, Strategy & Operations
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 400,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
About The Role
As Headway scales our mission to build a new mental healthcare system everyone can access, a core challenge and opportunity we face is the reliability and effectiveness of our Patient Benefits engine. This is a first-class operational and product solution that enables Headway to deliver on our promise to make dealing with insurance easy for both providers and patients. As a core member of our Patient Operations team, you will play a leading role within a function core to the livelihood of our business and the impact we deliver for our users.
The world of patient benefits and eligibility is an increasingly complex one. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to create structure out of chaos, to architect, test, and operationalize solutions through building data workflows and processes that will deliver real-world impact from day one to hundreds of thousands of patients around the country. As part of scaling the solutions you design, you will also operate as a thought partner to product and data teams at Headway, in a bid to drive the future-first nature of the solutions you deliver. This is a unique opportunity to get hands on in a data-first environment, and to own outcomes core to the growth of our business.
What you’ll do at Headway
- Design and build foundations for a variety of 0-1 initiatives within the Patient Operations function, such as piloting new products/processes to deliver accurate patient benefits.
- Drive the build, execution, monitoring & ongoing implementation of scalable products and processes that enable us to deliver on core business challenges.
- Lead cross-functional efforts with our product, engineering, payer, and CX teams to drive core patient experience processes and achieve team OKRs.
- Collaborate with operational stakeholders at our health plan partners to optimize the performance of our patient benefits engine, and proactively identify and address any issues that may arise.
- Has the potential to build out and manage a growing team to achieve these objectives.
You’ll be great for this role if you:
- 3-5+ years of experience in consulting / operations / investment banking or related experience; operations experience at a high-growth startup is a plus.
- You are a self-starter, with the ability to distill complex problems into simple solutions.
- You are highly data-driven. Can drive complex analyses and translate into key actionable insights, projects and OKRs.
- You are a collaborator. Proactively partners across teams while holding teams accountable for business results.
- You are a systems thinker. Inclined to solve problems with product and automation.
- You are a team builder. You are passionate about growing and developing a team.
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.