Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 400,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
If you’ve been looking for an opportunity to build the nation’s best compliance program from the ground up inside an innovative health-tech company, this is the role for you.
Headway is growing fast, and we’re looking for our first Compliance Manager to be a key member of Headway’s Compliance team, supporting our cross-functional compliance effort. You will work closely with the Head of Compliance and General Counsel to support a rapidly scaling mental healthcare company by assisting with the development and implementation of the organization-wide compliance program.
We're seeking a leader with expertise in healthcare compliance, who is also proactive, forward-thinking, and able to navigate and thrive in ambiguity. You will be vital to our ability to partner with payers across the nation and solve various complex issues that arise as we change the behavioral health landscape.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and maintenance of the compliance program, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as well as requirements from our payer partners
- Contribute to the risk management strategic plan
- Maintain the formal investigation policy that addresses compliance incident reporting and includes maintaining the compliance hotline
- Provide technical and regulatory guidance to all departments on compliance matters to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and standards
- Provide regular compliance reports on the operation, efficacy, and progress of compliance efforts, violations, and risks
- Foster a culture of compliance and ethical behavior within our company
You will love this role if:
- You have 7+ years of healthcare-related operations, legal, auditing, or consulting experience, with 3+ years of experience in a compliance role
- You are deeply knowledgeable on privacy laws, payer requirements, and health care regulation more broadly.
- You function well in a high-paced environment and are able to quickly adapt to changing priorities and situations
- You engage, inspire, build credibility, and trust across all levels of the company
- You have exceptional communication, organizational, project management, and prioritization skills
- You are certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) designation preferred
- You have an extensive understanding of Medicare programs (preferred)
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.