Senior Product Manager, Benefits
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled national network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it possible for patients to find quality care they can afford and enabling mental healthcare providers to grow their practice.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 500,000+ appointments a month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, Spark Capital, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
We’re looking for a passionate product manager to shape the future of our core value prop here at Headway: making insurance easy.
The core insurance benefits vertical is at the crux of our mission here at Headway to increase affordable access. As a product lead at the helm of the benefits platform, you will be responsible for making some of the hardest problems in healthcare (price transparency, patient billing, remittance) appear easy for patients, providers, and partner teams at Headway. This means not only setting the vision and strategy to ensure patients get an accurate and instant quote of the cost of mental health care upfront, but also developing an automated engine that enables us to scale our offering of making insurance easy to all patients as we grow. If you’re excited about building foundational systems in a traditionally messy, overly manual space to help patients get access to affordable mental healthcare, this is the role for you.
What you’ll do at Headway:
- Develop a vision, strategy, and roadmap for the core benefits platform team most responsible for Headway’s fundamental product promise: that we make the messy world of insurance and billing simple.
- Translate highly manual ops workflows into scalable, automated systems that enable Headway to offer upfront price transparency to patients.
- Work highly collaboratively with operations teams, with whom your work will depend on tight feedback loops.
You’ll be great for this role if you:
- You have 3+ years of product management experience working on high-growth and at-scale products. Preferably, most of this experience is on a platform or infrastructure area.
- You love navigating through ambiguity in brand new territory on problems that affect multiple different types of users.
- You break through walls to drive outcomes - you can quickly unblock yourself and are biased toward action.
- You know how to understand data and leverage it (without getting stuck in analysis paralysis).
- You’re an excellent collaborator and enjoy getting to work across many disciplines including engineering, design, ops, and data.
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and (coming soon!) San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.