Senior Product Manager, Payments
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled national network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it possible for patients to find quality care they can afford and enabling mental healthcare providers to grow their practice.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 500,000+ appointments a month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, Spark Capital, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
About The Role
We're seeking a highly strategic and data-driven Product Manager to lead Payments at Headway. This role is at the epicenter of our mission to make mental healthcare affordable and accessible. You will be responsible for tackling some of the most complex challenges in healthcare finance and operations, building and scaling systems that facilitate the exchange of data and money between Headway and Payers.
In this role, you will spearhead development of our Revenue Cycle Management (RCM), build advanced claims visibility and actionability, and scale our payer onboarding, payment and data management. If you're passionate about leveraging data to streamline complex healthcare operations and improve financial integrity, this role is made for you.
What you’ll do at Headway:
- Strategic Leadership: Develop a comprehensive vision, strategy, and roadmap across RCM, payer operations, and our foundational claims and financial systems.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: Dive deep into our data to inform key decisions in claims visibility, interpretability, and actionability.
- Operational Efficiency: Translate highly manual and labor-intensive payer and claims processes into scalable, automated systems. Your innovations will significantly reduce operational bottlenecks and improve efficiency.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with engineering, finance, and operations teams to ensure that the product scales to operational and financial goals.
You’ll be great for this role if you:
- You have 7+ years of product management experience working on high-growth and at-scale products. Preferably, most of this experience is on a platform or infrastructure area, with experience in financial or healthcare systems a plus.
- You love diving into complex data problems and have a deep understanding of how to leverage data for decision-making, without falling into analysis paralysis.
- You love navigating through ambiguity in brand new territory on problems that affect multiple different types of users.
- You break through walls to drive outcomes - you can quickly unblock yourself and are biased toward action.
- You’re an excellent collaborator and enjoy getting to work across many disciplines including engineering, finance, ops, and data.
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and (coming soon!) San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.