Associate Human Resources Business Partner, Business Operations - No Longer Accepting New Applicants
Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 11,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Associate Human Resources Business Partner, Business Operations
Alma is seeking an enthusiastic, resourceful, and personable Associate HR Business Partner to join our rapidly growing team. This position will report to our Senior Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), Business Operations. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting our Operations functions, as well as, assisting in the implementation of strategic People & Culture Team initiatives and projects for the broader organization.
What you’ll do:
- Assist our Sr. HRBP, Business Operations with the development and execution of P&C partnership programming for Alma’s Operations functions.
- Advise Operations Team Leads on matters such as performance management, retention, employee engagement, and employee relations.
- Be the point of contact for HR-related queries from Operations Associates on matters such as absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and other employee-relations matters.
- Assist in escalating and resolving potential employee relations issues through the reinforcement of HR policies and practices and ensuring legal compliance with HR state and federal regulations.
- Partner with the P&C team on HR-related administrative tasks, such as benefits administration, vacation management, and leave administration.
- Contribute to strategic P&C team projects for the broader organization including employee engagement surveys, annual performance reviews, compensation & benefits initiatives, and learning & development programming.
- Lead with inclusivity to help foster a culture of belonging while acting as a partner and champion for Alma’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) philosophy and strategy.
Who you are:
- You have 2-4 years experience in People & Culture or Human Resources, and/or 1-2 years supporting operations teams and/or large hourly workforces.
- You are a self-starter with a strong track record of reliability and ownership.
- You possess natural interpersonal skills, and are able to influence change by building strong relationships and trust with your stakeholders.
- You are able to demonstrate sound judgment, integrity, and professionalism when dealing with confidential matters.
- You are knowledgeable, resourceful, and genuinely curious to stay up to date on the most recent HR business trends, laws, and regulations.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $85,000 - $110,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.