Business Development Director, Employer Channel
Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 20,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022 and 2023.
Business Development Director, Employer Channel
Alma is seeking an Employer Channel Business Development Director to join our team to drive growth in the Employer Channel through partnerships and in collaboration with our payer sales and client facing teams. Collaborative partnerships with organizations that serve the employer market are central to Alma’s mission to simplify access to high-quality in-network mental healthcare. In this role, you’ll play an essential role in making therapy more affordable and accessible to individuals seeking care.
Reporting to the SVP of Payer Strategy, the Business Development Director, Employer Channel will be responsible for identifying and developing new partnerships with organizations that serve the employer market to drive value for Alma’s business. This role will also work in collaboration with our payer partners’ sales and employer client management teams to develop sales strategies, content, training and other sales enablement tools to support and drive growth in Alma’s employer-focused channel. The Business Development Director, Employer Channel will manage a direct report on the Payer team.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute a strategic business development plan for the Employer channel, including market analysis, competitor assessment, and growth projections.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers and stakeholders within the Alma’s payer partners’ employer channel to understand the unique needs of the employer market and align our solutions with their business objectives.
- Drive revenue growth by achieving and exceeding sales targets within the employer channel. Monitor performance metrics and analyze data to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Stay informed about industry trends, competitor offerings, and employer market dynamics to refine sales strategies and stay ahead of the curve.
- Develop a deep understanding of our products and services, effectively communicating their value to employers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product development, and customer support, to ensure the seamless execution of employer-focused initiatives.
- Act as an advocate for employer clients within the organization, championing their needs and priorities to drive product development and enhancements.
- Provide regular reports and analysis of sales and revenue data to the management team.
- You’ll manage our Employer Channel Business Development Associate and help us build our payer team.
- You will travel 20-30% of your role where you will attend industry conferences and payer day trips.
Who you are:
- You have 5-8 years of experience in enterprise sales in healthcare with a focus on payer relationships.
- You have 2-3 years of people management experience.
- You have a proven track record in B2B sales, particularly in employer channel sales or related fields.
- You have exceptional communication, negotiation, and problem-solving abilities.
- You have proficiency in CRM software, sales analytics, and reporting tools.
- You are willing to travel 20-30% of the time.
- You are passionate about Alma’s mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $164,000 to $176,000 + 10% bonus
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.