2024 Summer Intern: Quantum Content Video Editor
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This is for a 2024 summer internship with the following start dates: May – August or June – September for quarter system schools.
As Content Video Editor your job will be:
- Video Editing: Gain hands-on experience in transforming raw footage into high-quality videos that align with brand guidelines and storytelling or training objectives. Learn to incorporate graphics, sound effects, music, and other elements to enhance the visual appeal of the videos.
- Collaboration: Work closely with our production teams, and marketing teams to align video content with our marketing and branding strategies.
- Communication: Develop your communication skills by providing feedback on project timelines, potential challenges, and creative suggestions to bring projects from concept to completion. Participate in a team environment, interacting with various departments, such as Corporate Communications, Marketing, Design, Social Media, Researchers and more.
- Post Production: Gain experience in optimizing video content for different platforms and channels, considering targeted length and format. Perform color correction and add visual effects to enhance video quality. Assist with video exports and distribution of content.
- Technology and Tools: Stay updated with the latest video editing software, techniques, and trends, and apply this knowledge to support efficient video production. Work with a variety of technical skills and software tools, including Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects, to complete production tasks.
*This internship is a great opportunity to develop your video editing skills, collaborate with a dynamic team, and contribute to meaningful projects in the quantum computing field!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Applicants should be BS students
- Possess knowledge of video production including experience using editing software and techniques
- Technical understanding of software tools such as Adobe Premier or Adobe After Effects
- Have general knowledge of post production such as video distribution to various channels
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Use of (or exposure to) the Qiskit quantum computing framework is a plus