Manufacturing Engineering Technician
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Strong troubleshooting skills and knowledge with the ability to work in cross functional teams is required. The applicant will be responsible for the daily maintenance of semiconductor peripheral support equipment, semiconductor fab and fab support systems. Applicant will work with Equipment Engineering and site facilities team on a daily basis to troubleshoot and recover impacts to line operations and work to implement improvements. Successful applicants will be willing to learn new skills and complete in depth safety training.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience applying equipment maintenance / line support concepts in a manufacturing or research environment.
- Associates degree or other equipment field experience. (Chemical/Computer/Electrical/Mechanical) with focus on project management.
- Strong MS Office Skills – Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of NYS building codes and National Electric Codes.
- Ability to communicate electronically and verbally to suppliers, vendors, contractors ( trades) and other tenants.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Skills in electrical, mechanical, chemical, HVAC, building controls and UHP gas designs.
- Basic understanding of advanced semiconductor materials processing and MES systems.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment across multiple sector equipment maintenance disciplines.
- Working knowledge of multiple disciplines of fab tooling and building supports systems, and fab architecture.