Patient Engagement Lead
Imagen Technologies is a high growth healthcare startup enabling patients to be diagnosed, treated, and managed at their primary care appointment (vs. having to refer out to hospitals, imaging centers and other slow and expensive options). Today, we’ve built an AI-enabled platform that enables patients to receive immediate diagnostic tests, immediate results, and immediate next steps – all in a single Primary Care appointment. For example: through our platform, women across the U.S. are now receiving comprehensive breast imaging, results, and specialist-driven next steps at their local Primary Care office, condensing a multi-month diagnostic journey into 60 minutes.
With over $135m in funding from Google Ventures and some of the largest clinical networks in the country, we are rapidly expanding this platform across the U.S. - from 7 states and 50,000 patients in 2022, to 16 states and 500,000 patients in 2023. By 2026, we will be delivering care across 35 states and to more than 5m patients per year.
Imagen recognizes the critical importance of engaging our primary care practice clients’ patients with a range of creative methods. As such, we’re investing in building our talent to engage patients and drive the success of our imaging programs for our clients, their patients, and Imagen’s business. This role will be the ‘go-to’ expert and leader in the company for both the strategy and the tactics of engaging patients, working across all of Imagen’s clients in partnership with our Client Partners, who own approximately 10-15 client relationships at a time and are the Patient Engagement Lead’s primary collaborators. The Patient Engagement Lead’s efforts are all geared toward supporting patients’ in their diagnostic imaging experience, delivering patient satisfaction, and ultimately improving health outcomes.
There’s no better way to understand the needs of our clients and their patients than to be in Imagen clients’ clinics, and as such this role requires travel up to 30% of the time; this is highly flexible and driven by the judgment of the Patient Engagement Lead. In 2023, this is a “player coach” role – you’ll build the program in a hands-on way, then scale it by building your team (internally and with partners) alongside the growth of Imagen’s client base.
- Patient Engagement Program Development (across clients)
- Own and execute Imagen’s patient engagement program
- Design and maintain novel assets and campaigns for driving patient engagement, as measured through clinically-appropriate exam volume and patient satisfaction
- Develop and oversee the patient engagement toolkit, establishing and iterating on the resources required across multiple stages of the client’s journey with Imagen, especially after going live with a client
- Execution & Coordination (largely client-specific efforts)
- Partner closely with Imagen’s Client Success, Marketing, Care Delivery Operations (“Ops” for short), and Product teams to tackle client-specific opportunities and needs, by:
- Designing and executing the patient engagement strategy in direct partnership with specific clients
- Creating patient-facing materials / assets that catch patients’ attention, drive awareness, and equip them with the information they need to feel comfortable using all of Imagen’s services at their primary care clinic
- Overseeing design resources (e.g., third-party agency) to deliver high-quality content, from production through delivery of standard, configured, and customized content in both print and digital formats
- For select clients, build relationships in coordination with Client Success to drive custom programs / campaigns and new assets
- For most clients, manage configuration, building the marketing plan based on best practices and existing campaigns and programs with customers and configuring assets for customer brands and unique situations
- Collaborate with other critical specialists on the Imagen team to create a cohesive experience for our clients, including our Provider Engagement Lead, Workflow Optimization Manager (Ops), and Program Managers (Product team)
- Capability Development & Measurement (across clients)
- Determine needs for and establish marketing automation system to offer assets, capabilities, and services to small and midsize customers most efficiently
- Establish performance measurement systems (including marketing automation) to continually measure marketing performance by campaign, asset, customer, and population to iterate on campaign tactics and assets
- Work with Analytics and other team members to build data-backed presentations that showcase the impact of Imagen’s programs on patient experience and quality / health outcomes in a compelling manner
- In partnership with future teammates and Product team members, develop a set of more robust patient engagement services over time to fill gaps in customer capabilities to help them create awareness for imaging services
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7 or more years of healthcare or managed care with patient engagement and marketing experience, ideally in the primary care setting
- Track record of progression within a company
- Experience managing small to medium sized team
- Patient Engagement Experience – gained through patient marketing and/or product roles
- Agency / Design Resources Management Experience – hands-on management of production
Nice to Haves
- Has built patient engagement capabilities from nascency
- Healthcare experience in primary care setting
- Knowledge of the Mammography and Cardiology spaces
Our headquarters are based in New York, NY and this job is conducted remotely.
Imagen is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Imagen will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The base salary for the position is between $150,000 - $180,000, plus equity, and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
Imagen Technologies maintains a Substance Abuse and Testing policy. Being under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances while on the job or while conducting business on Imagen’s behalf is prohibited. Imagen reserves the right to test any applicant or employee for alcohol and/or drug use, subject to compliance with any applicable state and/or federal laws.