Who We Are
Founded in 2016, ItsaCheckmate is the industry leader in providing true end-to-end integration between restaurant point of sale (POS) systems and over 100 third party delivery and ordering platforms. Our technology automatically accepts orders from these platforms, injects them directly into the restaurant’s existing POS, and sends them to the kitchen printers - without any manual involvement at all. We help restaurant operators grow their revenue without increasing costs.
Open Tender is a first party (direct to consumer) digital ordering system for restaurants that was recently acquired by ItsaCheckmate. Open Tender allows restaurant brands to launch beautiful and highly customized online ordering websites, mobile apps, and kiosks for their customers. You can learn more about Open Tender on our website: https://www.opentender.io.
Salary: $115K - $135K
Essential Job Function
You will be joining the Open Tender team and working specifically on the Open Tender product suite. Open Tender operates as a lean startup within ItsaCheckmate. We’re a small team (founder, 2 frontend developers, 2 backend developers), and we work HARD. You should be prepared for a fun, fast-paced, and demanding work environment. We release new features at what some would consider an alarming rate. You should be very comfortable with a move fast and break things mentally. We are not sloppy, but we’re not afraid to make significant changes to core features.
Experience with e-commerce or point of sale products serving either the retail or restaurant industries is a must-have. The ideal candidate will possess intimate knowledge of the restaurant space, come from a food tech background, and be a heavy user of consumer-facing restaurant technology (things like mobile apps from big brands like Starbucks, McDonalds, etc.).
You will work directly with Open Tender’s founder and other members of the ItsaCheckmate leadership team to determine our product roadmap and scope out new features and functionalities. You will also interact directly with our developers on a daily basis to deliver product requirements and answer their questions. We are very pragmatic when it comes to requirement documents (mostly Asana and Google Docs) - there is no set format, but they must be thorough and thoughtful, anticipating questions from developers.
You will be working with both our backend and frontend teams. In certain cases, you will need to work with a designer to translate product requirements into mock-ups for our frontend developers. In other cases, you’ll need to figure out a way to provide mock-ups yourself, even if they’re just simple sketches.
Above all else, you must be resourceful, intellectually curious, and ambitious. You should be excited about our product and taking it to new heights. We don’t compare ourselves to other white label platforms - we measure ourselves against the best consumer-facing digital ordering technology out there that comes from the likes of Shake Shack, McDonalds, Panera Bread, etc. As such, a big part of your job will be assessing similar apps and competitive products and scoping out what our versions of these features and functionalities should look like, elevating and improving upon what other companies have done. Our goal is to set a new standard.
- Experience as a product manager or similar role (startup founder, etc.) for a digital ordering product (e-commerce, point of sale, etc.). This is a hard requirement.
- Experience in the retail or restaurant industry (these are the only two options), with a strong preference for restaurant industry experience.
- Experience with CRM, loyalty, and marketing products is a big plus.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment with a very small team.
- Exceptional communication skills - you must be an excellent writer and care about things like formatting and grammar.
- You must be very comfortable reading technical documentation (API docs, Swagger, etc.). JSON should be like a second language to you.
- Experience writing code is a big plus - you must be somewhat technical and willing to become more so over time.
- Knowledge of user experience design and/or user interface design is a big plus.
- Experience working with tools like Asana, GitHub, Google Docs, Figma, etc.
We offer Medical, Vision, and Dental plans, along with a variety of other plans.