Medical Office Receptionist
In the Medical Receptionist role, you will be a critical part of the team at our flagship location in Harlem. Your responsibilities will be to create an exceptional environment for patients and family members, to coordinate visits for our patients prior to arrival all the way through to departure, and to support the smooth and efficient operations of our clinic for patients and staff. Our administrative staff are at the front lines of delivering on our promise and values, and above all else, are responsible for solving problems for our patients and clinical teams to allow us to do what we do best: deliver empathetic and compassionate care by forming meaningful relationships built on trust and respect.
As a Reception team member, you will:
- Welcome patients to our space, facilitate their check-in, and ensure they are taken to their visit room in a timely manner
- Check patients out after their visit, facilitating payment capture, schedule follow-ups, and ensure any and all questions about their care plan are answered appropriately
- Manage the patient schedule for our provider team, ensuring optimal provider utilization and balancing room and space requirements
- Address current (and prospective) patient inquiries through phone and email, and provide guidance around Juno services, policies, and appointment availability
- Open & close our Juno site, and support coordination of environmental services and package delivery
- You have at least 4 years of experience in medical reception and an understanding of insurance eligibility.
- You have experience working in a high volume and/or multi-clinician practice
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have a deeply held service mindset, and are committed to solving problems in a patient-centric manner to improve the lives of those we serve
- You are a team player who instinctively steps up to help your team succeed
- You have the ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed
- You are eager to be part of an interdisciplinary team, including physicians, operations, and technology experts
- You are comfortable using a variety of computer systems and have some knowledge of electronic health record systems
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, including an FSA
- Mental health benefits through Spring Health
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Compensation: $18.00-$27.00 per hour
Juno Medical is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to building the most inclusive culture for exceptionally talented people. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.