Senior Data Analyst, Marketing
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Justworks is seeking an experienced Senior Data Analyst with a passion for numbers and marketing as well as a demonstrated proficiency in manipulating large data sets to join the Data Analytics and Business Operations team. This analyst will report into the Senior Manager, Data Analytics and Business Operations but will work closely with the Marketing team. They will report and own dashboards related to KPI metrics, share insights about marketing efficiency, and advise on marketing data collection within our systems. The ideal candidate for this position is a data expert with great communication skills and a strong interest in marketing.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Provide high level advanced triage support to stakeholders, business partners, and product teams in managing specific issue resolution activities.
- Utilize programmatic and quantitative methods to identify patterns and relationships in large data sets, as well as apply mathematical, statistical, and other data-driven analysis to make informed decisions.
- Perform both regular and ad hoc analysis around key business questions that pertain to the Marketing department.
- Help define KPIs and build dashboards to track marketing operational efficiency
- Build and maintain reports, models, and dashboards around these key metrics to monitor and improve performance
- Translate complicated analyses into actionable insights; communicate those insights clearly to partners
- Strategize and prioritize data needs of the organization together with the other members of the team
- Audit and clean existing dashboards and ensure data quality when building net new dashboards.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and strategies
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Data Analyst, Marketing, how results are achieved is paramount to your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Good judgement - The exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Detail-oriented - Exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation
- Results-driven: Consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Clear communication: The ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience working with large datasets, and providing insights to non-technical stakeholders, ideally within the marketing department.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Excel and other data manipulation tools
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in quantitative analysis and statistical modeling
- Experience and familiarity with BI reporting tools and building dashboards in Tableau or any other visualization tool is ideal
- Experience with CRM data, i.e Salesforce, a plus
- Demonstrable comfort with predictive modeling techniques
- Knowledge of marketing attribution techniques a plus
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $109,000.00 to $119,900.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.