Group Product Manager, Employer Risk
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
As the GPM of Employer risk, you will start as a player-coach, partnering with design, engineering, operations, and external partners to craft our overall product strategy and execution. You will hit the ground running to drive our FY24 roadmap while investing in scaling the team to multiple pods / PMs to support the business long-term. You will have an opportunity to make a deep impact across the small businesses that use Justworks and your investments will benefit hundreds of thousands end-users. The ideal candidate has the following key attributes:
- Growth mindset - you are always learning, growing and evolving - you strive on feedback and failing fast
- Systems thinker - you understand how systems connect and can plan your roadmap accordingly
- Results-driven - you have a bias to action, impact orientation and get deep in the work when needed
You will inherit an existing roadmap focused on table stakes for our Employer Risk programs, but will have an opportunity to define an ambitious path forward, focused on our SUI and Worker’s Compensation programs and our broader vertical expansion efforts to strengthen product market fit across new industries. You will have an opportunity to make a deep impact across the small businesses that use Justworks with features and services that will be touched by hundreds of thousands end-users.
What You Will Work On
- Partner with engineering, operations, design, and external partners to set product vision and strategy for all of our Employer Risk programs:
- Deepen product market fit within our WC, SUI and EPLI programs
- Lower cost-to-serve via product-led automation and workflow optimization
- Support our vertical expansion efforts to allow Justworks to support new industries
- Create frameworks for your cross-functional team to prioritize and execute against end-user feature and internal tools, balancing customer needs with need across our Employer Risk department
- Identify new programs, systems or partnerships valuable for scaling core Justworks Employer Risk offering, and shepherd the decision making process through to execution
- Define and measure OKRs that align with Justworks’ broader business and Employer Risk objectives
- Own internal and external communication channels relevant to Product work streams
- Develop strong relationships with all members of the Justworks Leadership team to be seen as as key representative of our Employer Risk investments
- Develop a rigorous, data-driven product culture across a growing team, ensuring that craft is balanced with customer obsession and business orientation.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Group PM, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum 8 years of work experience in technical roles or product management
- Minimum 3 years experience managing a high performing team of Product Managers
- Experience working in a high growth, fast-scaling environment
- Strong analytical ability paired with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to scale complicated systems
- Strong understanding of technical concepts including systems design, data architecture and the like
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional projects, juggling competing priorities, stakeholders, and tasks as needed
- Proven ability to identify opportunities, form compelling business cases, and gain stakeholder buy-in
- Bonus points for experience in…
- insurance tech, risk management systems and the like
- complex, highly regulated industries
- SaaS product lifecycles
- Experience serving SMBs as part of a direct or B2B2C model
- SQL and BI tools like Lookr, Tableau, etc…
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $190,000.00 to $209,000.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.