Senior Product Manager, Benefits Platform
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Justworks is seeking a Senior Product Manager to work on a nascent product and budding team. We released a minimally viable product at the end of 2022, and now we're building on those foundations. This is an opportunity to build a product at its core, and shape processes that can evolve with a growing team. Product Managers shape priorities by looking wide and understanding contexts across teams. You’ll also be expected to identify areas requiring depth and, as a Senior Product Manager, own the resulting discovery and delivery of multi-feature projects. With an ear in so many spaces, Product folks are well-positioned to problem-solve and enable others’ success.
For this role, we’re looking for a Product-minded individual who can self-direct and lead projects that directly achieve broader milestones. You’ll simultaneously work “in the current sprint” and 6 months in the future – shepherding full verticals from discovery to delivery.
his position is based out of the Justworks Labs office (Chelsea, Manhattan), where we focus on innovation and future horizons.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Prioritize and execute along the edges of speed, scale, and thoroughness – considering market trajectory, operational ecosystems, platform integrations, and external partner needs
- Partner with engineering, design, and operations to create and refine requirements
- Socialize product priorities across teams to weigh and incorporate feedback, while communicating trade-offs and securing buy-in
- Creatively problem-solve to identify solutions across various constraints (“Here’s a 2-week solution, or, here’s a 2-month version”)
- Adapt to changing priorities
- Conceive and pitch agile processes to improve how we work
- Create metrics and goals around feature launches, measuring success post-launch and iterating
- Do what it takes to get the job done and motivate a team
- Perform other related duties as assigned
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Product Manager working on Benefits (Crimson Sage), how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately results in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.Plans and aligns - breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions; stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules.Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- 4-7 years of software product management or product development experience, with demonstrated wins
- Strong communication skills, particularly in building clarity across stakeholders
- Experience with software planning tools and/or project management tools
- Capable researcher; from internet deep dives to customer interviews
- Able to learn about the Justworks benefits/insurance program and other domains quickly
- Creative problem-solver with a passion for making complex things simple(r)
- Team player who puts the needs of the project and group first
- You have a technical background
- You have experience in the insurance and/or benefits space
- You have worked on a rapidly growing product and team
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $165,000.00 to $181,500.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.